Speakers in Roof Hatch??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers in Roof Hatch??????

I've just removed the plastic pod that houses the interior light and the rear wiper motor. There are two connectors, a White one with 4 spade connectors and an Orange one with two spade connectors, anyone know if these are speaker feeds, and if so where can you get 2" tweeters to fit behind the grills?

Originally posted by Vin
    I've just removed the plastic pod that houses the interior light and the rear wiper motor. There are two connectors, a White one with 4 spade connectors and an Orange one with two spade connectors, anyone know if these are speaker feeds, and if so where can you get 2" tweeters to fit behind the grills?

If I remember correctly, the orange cable is for the high level brake light.

Comment

UK 4Runners have speakers up there, but most Surfs don't seem to, not sure if the wiring is there, but Lindas truck has the high level brake light, and still has one connector hanging loose.

Someone with a 4Runner (Rusty, Manxman, etc) needs to pull the cover and see if they are connected up.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Vin
        Yep, two wire connector is for the high level brake light on the models with spoiler. I've been looking for 2" speakers for ages and not found any yet. Will probably bodge up a pair of modern 1" tweeters when i get around to it.

Kev

Comment

ive got the 2 inchers in mine - in total 4 up front and 4 in the back makes 8!
          You say orange connector is for the rear brake light, I remember seeing a spare, might be orange - if so it all makes sense now!
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
          X