the new disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new disco

anyone see clarkson last night on a top gear re-run?

the one where he took a new disco to the top of a scottish mountain?

quite entertaining i thought

any similar surf stories out there though??
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Saw it as well Noggin also thought it was entertaining but Clarkson did have more than a little help getting up to the top.

It must be very handy to have a team of however many to pull you out of the peat bogd etc

Comment

His team were obviously in Surfs. What else could carry them and their equipment up there ahead of the him.

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog

Yeah, saw it, and thought it looked like fun. Has to be said the new Disco looked well equiped and very capable (really liked the idea of telling the car what surface you're on, and it setting the diff locks and suspension height for you, just pity the repair bill when it goes wrong out of warranty), shame the car looks like sh*t*!

As for the ascent, it looked fairly easy and I doubt it would pose a problem to a properly equipped Surf (good MT tyres, maybe a winch).
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

I would still prefer a motor that allows you to set it up for the surface manually. While being reasonably good on computers, I don't want too many of them on a car. When it goes wrong which it most surely will, the repair bills will be so astronomic as to make repair an unviable option onece the car is a few years old. I would still bet my Cruiser against a Disco any day, Front and rear Diff locks, Centre Diff lock, long travel suspension, solid axles front and rear. Just the rear overhang that lets it down a little bit.

Cheers

Comment

If you saw the end of season show they did you'll know that Clarkson got a helicopter to pick him up on top of that mountain to take him home after the shoot. Unfortunately he had the car keys in his pocket!Recon most well driven motors would have made it up there with the suport he had! Damn thing don't 'alf look like a van tho!

Comment

yeah-style and performance wins everytime!
              the computer set up looked fun but in reality??
              NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
              'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Basically, I am a gadget freak. Lots of buttons and shiny things is good.

However, I'll stick my my Surf, and just add random shiny buttons.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

One of the guys in work has a new Disco. It really looks bl..dy awful, a bit like that mini Ford van they brought a a year or so back. And he's already complaining about it. Don't think he'll keep it too long.
                  Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog

Surf up a mountain,no problem man!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X