what planet was he on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what planet was he on???

Having just bought my second surf on sunday. I got home early enough to make a start on getting all the bits done. First thing i checked was tyre pressures .

Can you believe this ( it scared me a little i drove it home) lol He had tyre pressures ranging from 24 psi on the back to ................Wait for it 42psi on the front. First time i have ever had to let air out let alone 12 psi .
    I thought the steering was a little light.

Milners also turned up today with my new springs and filters etc ,but did not leave them. They would not get next door to sign for it. So i either have to take the morning off work to wait for then or drive 20 miles to pick them up.This makes the delivery to my door a little pointless and expensive.
    Its amazing the delivery company is still in business.
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Originally posted by Mike66
    Having just bought my second surf on sunday. I got home early enough to make a start on getting all the bits done. First thing i checked was tyre pressures .

Can you believe this ( it scared me a little i drove it home) lol He had tyre pressures ranging from 24 psi on the back to ................Wait for it 42psi on the front. First time i have ever had to let air out let alone 12 psi .

Milners also turned up today with my new springs and filters etc ,but did not leave them. They would not get next door to sign for it. So i either have to take the morning off work to wait for then or drive 20 miles to pick them up.This makes the delivery to my door a little pointless and expensive.
    phone the delivery company to leave it next door, or leave a signed note saying where you want it left... unless its obscure company, i've worked for parceline, parcel force, securicor omega, securicor same day, night freight and palletways and they all do that.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66

Last week I offered to sign for a parcel on behalf of my next door neighbours. The courier said no. He said that they have been told not to let neighbours sign unless they have been nominated by the addressee beforehand. A sign of the times I suppose.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

It drives me mad, Parcelforce have moved there depot to be 35miles away if we want to collect.

Some couriers wont deliver to another address if it needs signing unless the person that SENT it notifies of change of address.

The only way I got around it was to give the old boy neighbour a key so if he saw them he could actually sign for it at the address on the parcel.

!!!!!! nightmare!
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

i had a parcel delivered to my home, but i was at work so couldn't sign for it... postie recognized my name from parcels sent to my shop, and bought it round for me at work! i was stunned and amazed, but mostly stunned
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Re Tyre pressure

noticed the side bulging on one rear wheel
            decided to inflate
            not sure to what pressure
            checked the other three, all at 46 psi
            so topped up the one at 24 psi to 46

If we believe the garage pressure gauge, whots da problem with 46?
            sounds about right to me
            normal cars have all had about 30, would have expected my 31x10.5x15's to need more
            I know 18 wheelers take 90psi!
            Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
              Re Tyre pressure

noticed the side bulging on one rear wheel
              decided to inflate
              not sure to what pressure
              checked the other three, all at 46 psi
              so topped up the one at 24 psi to 46

If we believe the garage pressure gauge, whots da problem with 46?
              sounds about right to me
              normal cars have all had about 30, would have expected my 31x10.5x15's to need more
              I know 18 wheelers take 90psi!
              all depends on the weight... surely the spare should be much lower cos it doesn't have any weight on it??

Comment

Mike - have it delivered to my delivery address wed or thur and I can bring it up thur pm?? ring me if you want to and I'll give you details.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                  It drives me mad, Parcelforce have moved there depot to be 35miles away if we want to collect.

Some couriers wont deliver to another address if it needs signing unless the person that SENT it notifies of change of address.

The only way I got around it was to give the old boy neighbour a key so if he saw them he could actually sign for it at the address on the parcel.

!!!!!! nightmare!
                  I had a Parcel delivered this week by Parcelline and I was not in so he left it under my boat in the front garden!

I was tempted to ring them up and say it was not there and see what there response would be!! It was only a little GPS worth £200 for the boat.

Paul
                  DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I drove for UPS for about six months in the mid 80's. There was one old lady I delivered to regularly who had a brand new galvanised dustbin in the back garden, especially to put her parcels in when not at home.

Another addressee was a member of a wine club and I used to deliver cases of 24 bottles into their garden shed!

The worse one we had was when the courier left a parcel by our front door. It was a highly detailed porcelain owl worth about £180. Around here they will break in in broad daylight and walk off with your stuff.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

i deliver packaging to direct wines (laithwaites/ sunday times wine club) doing a trailler swap and my empty was blocked in!... thought nothing of it to move offending trailer out the way... thought it felt heavy, it was chokka with wine and spirits!... i should have parked it round the corner just to shake them up a bit!... mind you, i know where there were 3 45ft trailers full of beer parked just before xmas!

Comment

where have you parked them now?
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          Sssshhh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            Didn't you see those photo's of him - I think they're all empty now
                            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                              Didn't you see those photo's of him - I think they're all empty now
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X