4x4 ltd Thetford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 ltd Thetford

Anyone had dealings with these people ? They seem to be THE Surf people here in Norfolk; pleasant, knowledgable but never having bought from a dealer before I'm being very cautious.
    many thanks
    ....er, prospective newbie I suppose

Assuming you mean this garage:

http://www.4x4carsltd.com/toyota.php

at least one other forum member has bought a car here.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=49904

Nevillef

Comment

4x4 and Thetford I thjought you meant this:

http://www.bumperdumper.com/

I'll get mi coat.........
      Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Cheers neville

Thanks very much, pretty much the answer I was looking for ,still if anyone else has had dealings...

Comment

I'd buy private. You're going to save yourself money in the long run. If you're not mechanical have an AA inspection.
          Bought mine for £3600 which sold at a dealer for £6995 4 months earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by djcazyp
            I'd buy private. You're going to save yourself money in the long run. If you're not mechanical have an AA inspection.
            Bought mine for £3600 which sold at a dealer for £6995 4 months earlier.
            Well you could lucky like djcazyp! But remember there's very little protection in Law on private sales- depends on how much you know your motors I suppose.

IMO you're doing the right thing by doing some research before buying your car. There's a huge knowledge base on Surf's nowadays on this website- so ask any questions before parting with your hardearned cash!

When I bought my Surf in 2002 there wasn't a lot of info on the web- what I knew before buying came mostly from the Australian Surf site.

Good luck!

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by robin
              Thanks very much, pretty much the answer I was looking for ,still if anyone else has had dealings...
              I have had dealings with MCCS (look at the bottom of the website) through a company called http://www.moss4x4cars.com/index.php which is part of the same group here in the North West based out of Leigh.

If the service is anything by the standards I got up here then it should be cracking...answered all queries...even reconnected Spots after noticed disconnected for SVA test at no cost to me. They had to take the dash apart to get at the connections behind the dash

They get the cars through Southampton Docks and register down in thetford as it goes through quicker than registering in Manchester. The car I picked up was only on the forecourt two days...cant be happier and its the only car I didn't bother with a test drive as I had got so much confidence from speaking with Bob and his mechanics at the site above
              Last edited by Gizmo; 18 January 2005, 22:22.
              Gaz

Comment

Surf's in Norfolk

If you live in Norwich I don't know why you are looking at Thetford. There are dealers a lot closer, and a lot cheaper than Thetford. Have a look at Atlantic Trading at South Walsham before you bother to go to Thetford. Very wary of this dealership as they don't like advertising the year of manufacture. Also have a look through the Anglia Auto Trader magazine as they cover most of the 4x4 dealers in East Anglia.

Comment

Dont forget ATTLEBOROUGH CAR CENTRE I got mine from them nearly 6 years ago and she is still spot on and the aftersales is good,they have been importing motors for years and know a thing or two they also give a good warranty (well they did when I got mine) and of course MONEY TALKS very clearly to these guys oh yeah they do part ex on almost anything they even took my very old astra inestate.
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Cambridge - is Thetford the only option?

I'm looking out of cambridge for a Surf and closest (only) place i've found nearby is 4x4Carsltd in Thetford. their stock seems in great condition (talking as a newby) but are there any alternatives in the area?

Comment

4x4 cars ltd - Thetford

Sat 8th March 2006 will see me collecting my second surf bought from these guys, they gave me a very trade in price for my 2nd gen for a low milage 3rd gen surf.
                      I have been more than happy with the quality of service this company gives, and would add that they hand pick the very best 4x4's direct from the dealers in Japan as opposed to buying from auctions.
                      There cars they sell appear to be in tip top condition and are thoroughly inspected before they leave the site and any work that needs doing is done to a very high standard.
                      Again I cannot recommend 4x4 cars ltd highly enough.

As they saying goes "you get what you pay for" ........... pay good money then quality is assured, pay cheap money and you may be lucky.

Comment

Working...
                      X