Buying A Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying A Surf

I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A SURF AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY COULD GIVE ME SOME UNBIASED INFO, SUCH AS WICH BEST ENGINE AND MODELS TO LOOK FOR AND WHAT SORT OF MILES TO GALLON THEY DO, ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP ME DECIDE REALLY, BE GENTLE WITH ME IM NEW TO THIS GAME CHEERS.

Someone asked the same question the other day.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10876

Comment

Don't mind him - the moderators sometimes forget that newbies to Surfing may also be newbies to surfing... And that they too were once buying a Surf for the first time.

Try "Hilux Surf buyer's guide" in google/yahoo, use the search in this forum. There are links in this forum to all the best Surf sites on the web. Try this for a start. I did.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

We all want a 3.0 SSR-G (top of the range - all bells & whistles - queue calls of "speak for yourself - I love my 2.4" . Well I'd like a 3.0 anyway). But most of us have 2.4s - The letters after the "SSR" bit are largely irrelevant as many (most?) examples have extra options which change their basic spec.

20% of us have had expensive head trouble with early 90's models, but I'd say those Surfs that were in that 20% are fine now and no less a sound buy if they have been sorted properly.

20 - 25 mpg seems to be average, insurance can be tricky cos they're imports, and they're totally addictive.

I've had to replace my exhaust, I'm currently replacing my front brakes, one of my seatbelts is bogey, rear springs sagging, wife calls it a pile of sh1te (loves driving it, mind...). There always seems to be something to be done with it. And I like that.

There are quite a few online sources of well priced accessories & parts.

Did I mention they're addictive. So is this site...

Good luck,

Mark
      :

Comment

Parts are easy to get generally, also its pretty easy to work on and insurance is no problem at all (im with Tesco)
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by silvtr1000
          Don't mind him - the moderators sometimes forget that newbies to Surfing may also be newbies to surfing... And that they too were once buying a Surf for the first time.

Try "Hilux Surf buyer's guide" in google/yahoo, use the search in this forum. There are links in this forum to all the best Surf sites on the web. Try this for a start. I did.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

We all want a 3.0 SSR-G (top of the range - all bells & whistles - queue calls of "speak for yourself - I love my 2.4" . Well I'd like a 3.0 anyway). But most of us have 2.4s - The letters after the "SSR" bit are largely irrelevant as many (most?) examples have extra options which change their basic spec.

20% of us have had expensive head trouble with early 90's models, but I'd say those Surfs that were in that 20% are fine now and no less a sound buy if they have been sorted properly.

20 - 25 mpg seems to be average, insurance can be tricky cos they're imports, and they're totally addictive.

I've had to replace my exhaust, I'm currently replacing my front brakes, one of my seatbelts is bogey, rear springs sagging, wife calls it a pile of sh1te (loves driving it, mind...). There always seems to be something to be done with it. And I like that.

There are quite a few online sources of well priced accessories & parts.

Did I mention they're addictive. So is this site...

Good luck,

Mark
          The link that I posted answered 90% of the questions asked, job done.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE INFO I TO CAN START DREAMING OF A 3.0 SSR-G, SOUNDS AWESOME JUST NEED TO GET RID OF MY CAR NOW AND ILL BE JOINING THE DARK SIDE

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              The link that I posted answered 90% of the questions asked, job done.

No offence intended Andy.
              :

Comment

Working...
              X