Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typical newbie questions

Hi all,

just got a couple of questions about the surf, I am considering trading my car in for one,

realistically what sort of fuel economy can i expect from the diesel engines,

how comfortable are they on a long drive (100 miles + )

where can i drive off road near me, (near milton keynes)

is htere anything that i should really watch out for when buying one, any common problems to avoid etc,

any advice is warmly received!!!

dont take this the wrong way use the search button at the top ad you will find most answers.
    Expect fuel economy to be between 18-28mpg as a rough guide.
    I think they are pretty comfortable to do long distance as I regularly do, autos are more relaxing I find and I dont feel tired after driving for a long distance.
    Hope this helps
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

search function

Ok, just found the search function, answered most of my questions, what size tyres do they take and what sort of cost are we looking at,

Comment

Standard tyre size on a wide body is 265/70*15. Cost for replacement tyres are in the 30 - 120 range depending on tyre type, new or remould. Expect £80 as a fair price generally for a decent quality new tyre.

Cheers

Comment

you can go upto 31" on standard suspension and as long as they arent a dodgy width then as lucky says about £80 will get you a brand new tyre of good quality (I use Bridgestone).
          anything else you cant find the answers for then please ask
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
          X