Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow flashing surf

Hi all,

Just got home after buying my Surf and so far there is only one thing intriguing me.
    It's a '97 SSR-X and on the display where the compass is there is a mimic of a road (2 green lines) and yellow Surf which flashes sometimes for no (to me) obvious reason.
    Why does it sometimes flash and othere times stay on?
    I never realised that a big hunk of a machine could go so bl**dy fast. I am very pleasantly surprised with the whole thing.
    Colin

The flashing means that it has lost it's bearings and needs to reset.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Andy and also the thumbnails as I didn't get a handbook with the beast.
      Colin

Comment

Colin,

Great to see you now have a ?????????????????????????????? ?? 97 Surf

Main point though, you are not i repeat not to use the surf for towing your narrow boat, without checking with Marky about maximum loads & nose thingy's first.

Good Surfing M8
        Hope to meet with you soon
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cheers for that Bob.

No need to tow the boat anyway, it has an Isuzu (Is that a swear word here?) engine that pushes it along quite nicely but it's not so economic as the Surf.

Colin

Comment

anyone know if this Field Monitor option is something that could be retro fitted?

I've got a 96 3rd gen with very few options and that looks like a neat box to have!!
            adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by colinjw
              Cheers for that Bob.

No need to tow the boat anyway, it has an Isuzu (Is that a swear word here?) engine that pushes it along quite nicely but it's not so economic as the Surf.

Colin
              It's the first time I've ever seen anybody describe a surf as economic!!! :
              [SIZE=5]martin [/SIZE]
              [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=lime]Where Pilgrims climb may grecians fall[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Comment

Handbook

Originally posted by colinjw
                Thanks for that Andy and also the thumbnails as I didn't get a handbook with the beast.
                Colin
                Hi Colin
                Glad you like the Surf!
                The drivers handbooks for the 3rd Gens are readily available on E-bay, which is where I got mine from. Full of all sorts of useful info, like the 3 position rear seat recliners and how to drop the front seats to make a couchette arrangement with the back seat!!!
                What more could you ask for?!!!
                Seriously though - it is handy to have a copy!

Cheers
                Keith

Comment

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info. I have looked on ebay and found them. Quite reasonable too but I'll have to wait till my next leave because I'm due away on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Pilgrim....the boat does about 5 m.p.h. on a good day so the Surf is very economical in comparison.

Colin

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the red button is for on the gear change console.
                    Much Appreciated.
                    SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

It lets you move the gear selector whilst the keys are not in the ignition.

Comment

Cheers 4 that mate.
                        SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

P.s how stupid do ifeel looking at most frequently asked questions and its
                          already been asked.Never mind its saturday night and instead of going to the
                          pub I thought i would have a night in with a few voddys with my fellow
                          surfers.
                          SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

Its Vin-de-Diesel and some Grease Dips tonite for me too ..... well a few cans of Miller anyway as I'm munchin the keyboard round here

Comment

Hey I do a wicked stair way to heaven on the keyboard and a evil vidors
                              organ toccata in fugue.
                              SURFS UP DUDE.

Comment

Working...
                              X