yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Ideas On Improving My Inferior Lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas On Improving My Inferior Lighting?

I find the courtesy lights in my Surf just aren't bright enough. I eat lots of carrots too. They are OK for finding something on the passenger seat but reading a map by them is hard work.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I find the courtesy lights in my Surf just aren't bright enough. I eat lots of carrots too. They are OK for finding something on the passenger seat but reading a map by them is hard work.

carry a torch
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      carry a torch
      OKAY. It never occured to me.

I have seen some nice map reading lights, incorporated into the interior light cluster in black cabs, they even swivel. They can count their money at the traffic lights, so that they turn red by the time they have pulled away, leaving you stranded.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Ultraleds sell a lot of replacement (LED) interior bulbs and while probably not actually brighter than normal bulbs they can be "whiter" and perhaps better for what you want:
        http://www.ultraleds.com/

Alternatively I know you can get some PIAA replacement interior light bulbs which should be much better than the yellowy standard bulbs although not tried them myself and not sure where to get them

Simon
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I had that prob too my 3 year old son was gettin a little scared at night in the back so I bought some strip lights and screwed then into the interior. Can post pics tonight when I am back home. Was a bit of a task wiring them up off a switch but they look great and I can see really well at night. The lights I used were actually for a pc ! You know them posh ones they use to light up the insides ( 12 volt you see) I got some UV purpley ones but they do all colours.

Comment

Have you tried Maplins ? They may do a double wattage bulb for them, I know they did for Ford and Vaux.
            !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Does anyone know how to open the airfilter jobby and sits in the centre of some of the 2nd gen head linings... (like mine) to change teh bulbs 'cos those pale green lights are awful dim.... try as I might, I though it would break first than relinquish the bulbs...

andyL

Comment

Heres the pics of my interior, I put the on / off switch on the center console in the back feeding it from the head unit.
                Pictures dont really do it justice as the light up the whole rear of the car, but its not so bright that I can't handle it when Im driving.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X