respray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• respray

hi-anyone have any idea how much a complete body respray would cost?
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

when it comes to paint jobs you get what you pay fore don't go to one of these big fancy places with courtesy cars if you are paying fore it out of your own pocket because they will charge you the earth and ther is not much pride in ther work unless you are one of the lucky few

I have seen some right she*t work passed by these insurance approved repairers

find your self a good self employed sprayer if you want a nice job one with a good reputation fore there work and one with a proper spray booth and extractors

I have had quite a few cars painted and I use a local panel beater and classic car restorer and he is spot on if its not spot on its not good enough fore him he takes real pride in his work he isn't cheep but not as expensive as the big body repair centres and I think I would expect to pay around £700 to a grand fore a perfect job

the price also depends on what paint you use

and do you want it two tone or all one colour as two tone would cost you more

hope this helps
    Last edited by TAF; 13 January 2005, 01:37.
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

thanks for that
      just fancied dark blue instead of electric light blue
      no damage

Comment

my last surf was ice blue think its a lovely colour it demands the highest price in the jap auctions if they are light ice blue if the paint work is dull try having it buffed if you want to restore the shine and the colour

if it needs it that is
        Last edited by TAF; 13 January 2005, 11:15. Reason: spelling
        TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

i think it looks good too-quite uncommon but i think it's just a little bit feminine?-a darker blue looks a bit more manly?
          dunno really-just an opinion
          cheers

Comment

The trouble is if you respray at a different colour it will always notice - for instance in the engine bay, behind door panels, and various other spots that just can't be sprayed without stripping the bodywork down to a shell. You will lose value on the car as when you come to sell it no one will believe that it was just because you wanted a different colour. You would probably be better off selling yours and spending your £700 upgrading!

btw - I agree with the above, I use a small local guy who depends on his reputation for his business.

Comment

Why would you want blue anyway? everyone knows red is the best colour...

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
                Why would you want blue anyway? everyone knows red is the best colour...
                I'll second that!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Blacks best anyhow.....

My transit cost around £700 to respray. And he did it properly, took all trim off to make sure there was no overspray anywhere. Would have cost another £400 for colour change though....
                  3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

paint job

well that saved me asking the question i thiught it would probably be a hell of a lot more.
                    BLACK IS BEST WITH THE CHROME ITS THE DOGS DOODAS
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I recently got my car (not my Surf) totally resprayed in a different (metallic) colour and it cost me £1600 for a complete in and out respray excluding engine bay - so including all door shuts etc.

After shopping around I could have got it a bit cheaper but this guy had a very good reputation and lots of recommendations etc.
                      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
                      X