black thing like a grommet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black thing like a grommet ?

does any body know what the black thing like a grommet located on the outside of the dash board above the instrument panel is fore on the 3rd gen ?
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

I think we need to see a picture of it, not one on mine by what you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      ............. not one on mine by what you describe.
      Same here, time to get the camera out and show us...
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

black grommet thing

I think it is the plug that covers the drivebelt 100000K reset button.
        When surf has done 100000K a light comes on indicating belt needs changing.
        Even if belt has (or has'nt been changed!!!) this can be reset by using
        a long thin tool. I think that it keeps the dust etc out of the instrument cluster,
        talking of which how easy is it to fit new dials?, the new ones on this site look great.

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo
          I think it is the plug that covers the drivebelt 100000K reset button.
          When surf has done 100000K a light comes on indicating belt needs changing.
          Even if belt has (or has'nt been changed!!!) this can be reset by using
          a long thin tool. I think that it keeps the dust etc out of the instrument cluster,
          talking of which how easy is it to fit new dials?, the new ones on this site look great.
          The plug you're thinking of is not on the 3rd Gen's (96-) which use different methods to reset the timing belt light.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

picture of grommet thing

picture from outside the surf looking in
            Attached Files
            TAF

Comment

Looks like it has a little red light in it, so maybe an alarm type of warning light.

Comment

soon find out I am going out side to pull it out

the grommet looking thing
                TAF

Comment

i thought he was going to pull his belly button out !
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

think you are right m8 it does look like a light fore some sort of alarm looking at it now

cant get it out of the dash without breaking something have to weight until I take the clocks out
                    Last edited by TAF; 13 January 2005, 00:45.
                    TAF

Comment

I wouldn't go too crazy if it doesn't flash with the alarm then it might be the receiver for the keyfob.

Rich.
                      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

good point think you could be spot on it looks like an inferred receiver
                        TAF

Comment

black thing

Have the same on my SSR-G sure its to do with key fob and factory alarm.

Comment

Working...
                          X