No announcement yet.

Does the surf have.....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the surf have.....................

heated mirrors?, if so, mine ain't working, but come to that neither is my heated rear screen

fuse somewhere????????

Originally posted by Fieldsy
    heated mirrors?, if so, mine ain't working, but come to that neither is my heated rear screen

fuse somewhere????????
    Not on my 2.4 ssr ltd they ain't
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

check in the tailgate when i fixed my rear window motor i found them to be damaged, cleaned up and conected all fine now

cheers
      [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/tiere/animal-smiley-022.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-006.gif[/img] [b][color=red]Anyone for [u]fluffy[/u] wheeltrims[/color][/b]

Comment

the heated window on mine isn't too good either!... works eventually!
        i usually wind it down and up again to clear it.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

the problem with the rear heated screen is quite common what with all the uping and downing it goes through the spades snap off and need to be replaced by stripping the back panel off the gate and getting the window halfway up to expose the connectors.
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

The rear screen heater is slow on mine(SSR-X),no heated mirrors,maybe the SSR-G model is different?
            Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
              The rear screen heater is slow on mine(SSR-X),no heated mirrors,maybe the SSR-G model is different?
              Unfortunately it ain't

And the heated window still takes blo0dy ages to do anything.

I'm actually quite dissappointed with no heated mirrors. Seeing as though many Surfs come over hear with ski racks, rear heaters and electric mirrors, surely it would make sense to have heated mirrors too? And according to some website I saw ages ago, it says the SSR-G has a 'Winter Pack' or something.
              Last edited by Rob; 29 October 2003, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                Unfortunately it ain't

And the heated window still takes blo0dy ages to do anything.

I'm actually quite dissappointed with no heated mirrors. Seeing as though many Surfs come over hear with ski racks, rear heaters and electric mirrors, surely it would make sense to have heated mirrors too? And according to some website I saw ages ago, it says the SSR-G has a 'Winter Pack' or something.

I find the HRW reasonably ok, but yea, the omission of heated mirrors is a real pain, had them on my last car and miss them already on the Surf, and its not even the depths of winter yet !!
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

thanks for the replies ppl, looks like it ain't worth sodding about with then, I like dabigmans idea of taking it down and up again , will probabaly do the trick...........and yeah I expected heated mirrors, my other cars got them and they are bloody handy!.

Comment

I drive a van for work so am used to not looking out of the back. (Don't even have a mirror fitted inside.) I find the old ones are the best with the side mirrors, a swift squirt of de-icer followed by a wipe with an old cloth (old tea towels work great!) before you set off...

I think some of you may have been spoiled with all these fancy gadgets on your previous cars.

Don't forget there is also no heated screen so a drop of good screen wash should stop the water freezing on contact. Put it in now because it's too late when the full bottle is frozen....

Phil

Comment

Mine is an SSR-G and it has no winter pack or heated mirrors.

I thuink the winter pack includes headlamp washers as there is a warning light for it on the instrument cluster.
                      '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                        thanks for the replies ppl, looks like it ain't worth sodding about with then, I like dabigmans idea of taking it down and up again , will probabaly do the trick...........and yeah I expected heated mirrors, my other cars got them and they are bloody handy!.
                        Fieldsy.

I think they may have them on the later 3rd Gens (seem to remember something about them somewhere.

If you want some you may be able to get some aftermarket ones from the US. They do all sorts over there for the 3rd Gen 4runners including the auto dipping interior mirrors with a compass and temp guage in. I admit I miss the heated mirrors and especially the heated front screen I used to have on my Galaxy. but heh ho, can't have everything.

Cheers

Edit.
                        Just looked on the web, 1998 3rd Gens (SR5) had them as an option and they should fit the Surf no problem. You might be able to get some from toyota parts on line. It was only on them from when the 3.4 was used.

Cheers
                        Last edited by lucky; 30 October 2003, 13:52.

Comment

I fold my mirrors in at night when I park up, so they dont get knocked, and this tends to keep them clear. Rear window heater works fine.
                          Pete

Comment

It's very odd that the 3rd generation Surf doesnt seem to have heated mirrors because even the UK Land Cruiser Colorado, the 96 on Surf's closest relation, has them... if it's any consolation they're not much good anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X