answer please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• answer please

just a quick question when i was a bit younger about 12 years ago diesal was cheaper than petrol now its dearer than petrol only thing i want to know is why because diesal is about 5 times cheaper than petrol to make also diesal engines are more fuel efficent shoudent we be encouraged to use them ????????????
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

Because Tony Bliar Said So.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

More likely Jhon Prescott
      yeah but, No but, yeah but, No but, yeah but, W'eva !

Comment

Nah. It's Gordon Brown rubbing his hands together. We were all encouraged to use diesel because it was less polluting, then when all the motor manufacturers did the R & D and got us all driving them they saw ££££££££££ at the treasury.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Nah. It's Gordon Brown rubbing his hands together. We were all encouraged to use diesel because it was less polluting, then when all the motor manufacturers did the R & D and got us all driving them they saw ££££££££££ at the treasury.
          I reckon we should pay someone a visit.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

who cares, veggy oils 25 p a litre! plus the tax of course....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Fuel is way above the price the protestors wanted to cause BEDLEM again.
              So why have they not done anything ??
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Fuel is way above the price the protestors wanted to cause BEDLEM again.
                So why have they not done anything ??
                3 surfs on a motorway can cause a drive slow think what a hunderd could do or more
                I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
                (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
                  just a quick question when i was a bit younger about 12 years ago diesal was cheaper than petrol now its dearer than petrol only thing i want to know is why because diesal is about 5 times cheaper than petrol to make also diesal engines are more fuel efficent shoudent we be encouraged to use them ????????????
                  its the government dont like to see all us surfers smiling
                  bad for there REP
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    Sadly diesel is actually more polluting than petrol. Even in the most efficient engines a small percentage is never actually burnt up (compared to nearly 100% in a good petrol engine). It's not a 'clean' fuel like petrol or LPG. So an average 10 year Surf engine kicks out a fair few soot particles- the ubiquitous black smoke when you get when press the loud pedal.

Maybe this is a creeping form of pollution tax? Ten years ago an engineer friend of mine predicted this would happen- diesel would be taxed up to the same level as petrol, pollution being the 'official' reason- lost tax revenue margins being the 'real' reason due to increased diesel usage over petrol. LPG will be next, maybe biodiesel too (watch out you chip fat burners!)?

The motorist has always been an easy target for tax revenue. Diesel is no longer cheap- the only attraction nowadays for buying a diesel engined car is the slightly better mpg achieved (60 mpg in some diesel bubble cars!) due to the higher unit calorific value- not really a consideration in the big 4x4 market though.....

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      who cares, veggy oils 25 p a litre! plus the tax of course....
                      WoW!
                      Where you buying yours from? Best I could do was 46p a litre (plus as you say, tax of course.... )
                      Nige...............

Anything you can do.......i

Comment

busted...

ok you got me..
                        i still havent got my surf, cos i still havent sold the bleeding house....
                        so, im not buying veggie oil any where yet! however people have said oil from lidl/aldi type places is(was) 25pa litre if you buy big tins. or did i dream that?
                        potential buyer having survey done on tuesday, so life will either get very good, or very bad shortly
                        anyone got a good 2nd gen 3.0 for sale/know anything about subsidence?
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

veggie oil

as i have been reading thru the threads i have noticed that a few people have said alot about veggie oil.i have heard that it's a good substitute for disiel but this may be a stupid question but is it right it can be mixed with disiel and at what quantities
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

do a search on the forum. this topic has been well covered. lots of useful info. Veggie Power!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                              ok you got me..
                              i still havent got my surf, cos i still havent sold the bleeding house....
                              so, im not buying veggie oil any where yet! however people have said oil from lidl/aldi type places is(was) 25pa litre if you buy big tins. or did i dream that?
                              potential buyer having survey done on tuesday, so life will either get very good, or very bad shortly
                              anyone got a good 2nd gen 3.0 for sale/know anything about subsidence?
                              The cheapest SVO (Straight Veg Oil) I have found is 42P/L for rapeseed oil from a little Indian cash and carry. When you have paid the 27.1p/L for the chancellor it's still cheaper than the pump price and better for the environment.
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X