• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6x9 speaker locations

Anybody got any 6x9 speakers fitted....... where d you recomend

cheers
    KC

ok

best place apparently is in the back panels, has anyone fitted 6x9 here before, in the original rear panel speaker position to save me doing any cutting

thanks
    KC

Comment

Originally posted by charlski
      ok

best place apparently is in the back panels, has anyone fitted 6x9 here before, in the original rear panel speaker position to save me doing any cutting

thanks
      KC
      If you don't want to cut any panels up why don't you make an encloser for them in the rear.Saves cutting up panels and also can still be removable.

Comment

have you ever just read something and gone .....F*** that is so simple and I would'nt have cut those panels!!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
          have you ever just read something and gone .....F*** that is so simple and I would'nt have cut those panels!!
          No have you!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
            No have you!

fitted 6x9 in the rear. Took off rear side panels, took out old speaker and fitted new ones. No good just fixing to side panels as they will vibrate like made, undr the panels is some good fixing points. Mounted mine on MDF then fixed to back wing supports with dynamat sound proofing.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Koi

thanks for the answer ..... just what i was hoping ...... being new to all this ice lark, always had company cars with an already sorted system as standard........ how do i make the mdf fitting box for it ....... is it like the bottom of a shoe box and then you fit the speaker in the top ????? any advice appreciated

thans
              KC

Comment

Originally posted by charlski
                Koi

thanks for the answer ..... just what i was hoping ...... being new to all this ice lark, always had company cars with an already sorted system as standard........ how do i make the mdf fitting box for it ....... is it like the bottom of a shoe box and then you fit the speaker in the top ????? any advice appreciated

thans
                KC
                I didn't actually make a box, I just mounted the speakers on the mdf then fixed that on the frame work. The mdf just helped to illiminate any vibration, as far as I know subs are the only things that really need to be mounted in a box, to do with air movement etc. 6x9 should by fine mounted as if they were mounted on a rear parcel shelf.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Koi

well cheers for the advice, today i finally got round to fitting those 6x9 speakers, removed the rear panels, took out the old toyota box and amp, made template out of cardboard, then transferred that onto mdf, fitted the mdf onto the brackets left from the original amp and box, connected it all up, refitted rear panels, .......... sound is now fantastic, linked with two 100mm kenwoods in the front, and two kenwood tweeters in the rear above door enclosue,

thanks for your advice

KC

Comment

Working...
                  X