warranty??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty??

just purchased a surf on tues (post in 3.0)
    i have been told car has 30 day warranty.
    also been offered 12 months warrenty for £286+v.a.t.
    if i decide to take it i will only pay £143, dealer pays the rest including v.a.t.
    not sure wether to take it, anyone have an opinion on it ?

thanks all

By law you get 3 months warranty on the vehicle any way . So give it some stick for 3 months and if it breaks take it back . Most after market warranties are not worth the paper they are written on in my opinion . But others may disagree .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Got to be worth £143, if the alternator went it would cost way more than that.

Comment

I agree with the above, the aftermarket warrantees are not worth the paper they are written on.
        You will find out that they are only for a limited amount ie. £250 or so and then they are only mechanical breakdown cover and will not pay out on faults only .
        Also they will not pay out on any fault the could "reasonably stated to have existed when the vehicle was purchased" (taken from a similar policy which was received with my wifes car) although this was free of charge.
        Take care and good luck.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

I agree not worth the paper they are written on. As said 3 months warranty by law.
          Most work to be carried out under extended warranty has to be cleared by the warranty company first, so delay there in getting the work done then they come back with c**p like its done 60,000 miles and is wear and tear not mech failure etc yawn yawn save your money.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

forgot to mention limited to £500 per claim

Comment

you could either have a warranty that may cause you all sorts of grief instead of saving you grief, or a nice shiny a bar....
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i already have wraparound bull bars , the a bar is too small,
                also been lifted & larger wheels when bought
                still waiting to collect though

Comment

i got a six month warrenty with mine. it came with the sale. needless to say i never had to use it and my first mechanical fault occured about three weeks after it ran out.(errr wheel baring..anger anger)

Comment

Working...
                  X