yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Wind up on Gen 3 ... Is that a Wind Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Wind up on Gen 3 ... Is that a Wind Up?

Hi

Kind of old ground I know, have looked through the 4WD search results but most posts are for the Generation 2 surfs.

Am I absolutely, definately safe to run on Tarmac in 4WD in my '97 SSR-G. This has been mentioned in passing on the forum but I just need reassuring!

Would of course normally run in 2WD but should I slip into 4WD for snow I'm unlucky enough to guaruntee forgetting when I hit dry road.

Dealer diddnt mention and I'm still waiting for my manual to arrive!

Mike

If you just hit the button on the side of the 4wd lever then you will be fine on the tarmac. Don't drive on the tarmac with the lever pulled back into the 4H(L) position though.... I assume you have a little diagram on the dash between the rev counter and the speedo? - This meens you have the multi-mode four wheel drive system - I've not heard of anyone not having this system yet on a 3rd gen.
    If it's really slippery or icy then I press the button, it's only offroad that I go into 4H(L) or 4L.

Originally posted by Steadi
    Hi

Kind of old ground I know, have looked through the 4WD search results but most posts are for the Generation 2 surfs.

Am I absolutely, definately safe to run on Tarmac in 4WD in my '97 SSR-G. This has been mentioned in passing on the forum but I just need reassuring!

Would of course normally run in 2WD but should I slip into 4WD for snow I'm unlucky enough to guaruntee forgetting when I hit dry road.

Dealer diddnt mention and I'm still waiting for my manual to arrive!

Mike

Comment

I have a 97 SSR-G also and I towed a Landy about 25 miles on the road while in 4WD, all I had done is pressed the button. So I am sure there is no wind up that occurs on the 3rd Gen...

I towed a Landy, I towed a Landy, you bet I rub it in to him every chance I get...

Comment

when the 4wd display lights up by pressing the button, just the 4 wheels light up... this mode is safe on tarmac.

if you pull the lever back, this locks the centre diff and the orange light will come on to indicate this... do not drive on tarmac in this mode.

other 2 positions are - shift right, puts transfer box in neutral
        and shift forward - puts box into low range.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Thank You

Brilliant news!

Just wanted to be sure before pushing that button.
          Last edited by Steadi; 27 December 2004, 18:22.

Comment

Working...
          X