cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head

has anyone bought a cylinder head from roughtrax if so which one any problems with them any feedback please i must get mine changed after the xmas break
    ps happy christmas surfers

Originally posted by cuz 62
    has anyone bought a cylinder head from roughtrax if so which one any problems with them any feedback please i must get mine changed after the xmas break
    ps happy christmas surfers
    good suppliers most have used are UKcylinderheads of "stevo" on this forum
    not sure how the prices compare but they seem to be the popular choice and haven't heard any bad stories! (except one that got lost in the post)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

STEVO will supply new head including bolts & gaskets etc. Instructions with Torque settings etc.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Stevo's £799
        Uk cylinder heads £819+12 mths warranty this includes every thing you will need gaskets etc not the cam belt though which I think stevo does, could be wrong, rad has to be flow & pressure checked. I got mine from there a couple of weeks ago no probs.
        If you then find as I did the bores blown away by the steam then I can highly recomend PartsLand Int for engines turbos etc.

Steve
        Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
          Stevo's £799
          Uk cylinder heads £819+12 mths warranty this includes every thing you will need gaskets etc not the cam belt though which I think stevo does, could be wrong, rad has to be flow & pressure checked. I got mine from there a couple of weeks ago no probs.
          If you then find as I did the bores blown away by the steam then I can highly recomend PartsLand Int for engines turbos etc.

Steve
          See here for details of what comes with Stevo's
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/ go to useful sites
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

NIGEL stevos phone no is wrong it should be 0161-476-6144
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

what does come with stevo's am i right in thinking his are £800 the roughtrax ones are quite a lot cheaper the budget is a bit tight at the moment------------------
              1989 - onwards. Complete NEW upgraded cylinder head casting with refurbished valves. All the valve clearances are preset by shimns, comes with new cam bearings and cam shaft fitted. This head will minimise the length of time your vehicle is off the road as its "ready to fit". Profesionally remanufactured using the NEW casting this head also comes with a full 12 month warranty (subject to conditions). Fantastic value
              the roughtrax price is £560+vat if these are any good ill have to go with them its quite a saving

Comment

STEVOS HEADS are fully built unless you request a bare head.
                http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

so are stevo's £200 dearer or do you get anything else with them it seems to be a bit of a price difference

Comment

Go to the link ive posted. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html
                    FYI For each head sold through the forum a Percentage goes towards the running of this great site as it costs money to run. So buy one & give something back.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

if stevo was a bit closer i may have asked him to do the job i dont think my surf will drive 5 miles yet alone 150 miles thats why i'm leaning towards roughtrax because of cost i realise the site costs money to run thats why i am Subscribed

Comment

No worries. You have to do, what you have to do.
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

if anyone nows how i could get my surf 150 miles from gloucestershire to stevo's i would be more than willing to chuck the bill on the visa card and let him do the work i also have to think about the cost of going back to stockport to collect it

Comment

STEVOS mate does recovery so this is an option. Iff you have breakdown cover you could get it to Steves that way.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X