Could this be why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be why?

I have a similar gadget tied to my fuel line. It was on the truck when I bought it. Is it science or witchcraft? Is it responsible for my fuel consumption being 28MPG+

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...942831254&rd=1
    It's only a hobby!

my mother got "stung" for one of them for the central heating... it's just a big magnet that's supposed to separate some bad gear in the water??... i told her to send it back but she insisted on trying it!... apparently reduces limescale but still have to strip down shower once a week to clean it!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Channel hoping as you do, seen these on QVC. I have currently got the best fuel saver: Surfs in garage with no engine and using brothers deisel fiesta van.

Merry christmas
      Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

I find using a light boot on the accelarator helps my MPG.
        I think these gadgets are all a bit of a scam still
        to be proved wrong
        Chris
        GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          my mother got "stung" for one of them for the central heating... it's just a big magnet that's supposed to separate some bad gear in the water??... i told her to send it back but she insisted on trying it!... apparently reduces limescale but still have to strip down shower once a week to clean it!

They do reduce the limescale on running water only, once the water has settled the molecules reform causing scale. Her scale is more likely from the hot water which sits still until hot tap is opened. For these to be effective they should be fitted to each run to a tap. All cold water in my house is fed direct from the mains, the only taps which scale forms on is the hot ones because its stored in the cylinder in a static state.
          If you was to empty your kettle after each use so no water was in it, you will notice less scale forms. We tend to fill the kettle up boil it, make one cup of tea then leave the rest of the water in it, this is when scale forms.

As for the fuel ones I have one on my runner which I got from Phillip, its a fuel cat. Its been fitted since the Uxbridge show earlier this year and can report that it has made a difference to my mpg. Also since fitting I have noticed that its not so smokey as before.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

As a scientist I can't tell if they let alone HOW they might work........

Diesel being an organic hydrocarbon is unaffected by magnetic forces (I'm assuming this is a magnet??) so how deisel is affected by it and why this should improve fuel consumption is beyond me?

A waste of £40 methinks.....

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
              As a scientist I can't tell if they let alone HOW they might work........

Diesel being an organic hydrocarbon is unaffected by magnetic forces (I'm assuming this is a magnet??) so how deisel is affected by it and why this should improve fuel consumption is beyond me?

A waste of £40 methinks.....

Neville
              I believe what Phil has is a magnet, what I have is a catalyst fitted in line on the fuel lines. In addition to this three cone shaped catalysts were put into the fuel tank.
              If I remember correctly these help clean the fuel before it gets to the engine, resulting in better combustion, better mpg, a bit more power and less carbon deposits. It negates the need to add fuel aditives to keep the injectors etc clean.
              I think they can even allow a leaded petrol car run on unleaded without alteration to the engine, also keeps fuel clean, stops it degrading if left stood for a long time.
              Phillip will know the details better, Phillip where are you??????????????/
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Here i am!! just

Just spent 20 minutes replying to you and !!!!!! screen went blank, so now will give shorter answer, which is probably best anyway. Fuel Cat does not use magnets, which i believe work only with the water/condesation you get in fuel. US navy have just bought $5 million worth of catalyst from an American company. They spent $500,000 dollars on testing before buying. Tests showed alteration to structure of fuel making it burn better and also nearly eliminates carbon build up so engine runs more efficiently and slightly cooler. As fuel is burnt better emissions/smoke is reduced and as a side benefit, your turbo should run better and last longer as emissions are cleaner.
                I am happy to sell any member a diesel unit which consists of tank and in line unit. Normally internet price is £70 but will do for £35 plus £2 P&P. Full money back guarantee of course. Will be happy to answer any questions by email or call 0208 9332213
                Will try to put picture of my Surf with unit on, here, but not sure if i am clever enough.
                Attached Files
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                  Just spent 20 minutes replying to you and !!!!!! screen went blank, so now will give shorter answer, which is probably best anyway. Fuel Cat does not use magnets, which i believe work only with the water/condesation you get in fuel. US navy have just bought $5 million worth of catalyst from an American company. They spent $500,000 dollars on testing before buying. Tests showed alteration to structure of fuel making it burn better and also nearly eliminates carbon build up so engine runs more efficiently and slightly cooler. As fuel is burnt better emissions/smoke is reduced and as a side benefit, your turbo should run better and last longer as emissions are cleaner.
                  I am happy to sell any member a diesel unit which consists of tank and in line unit. Normally internet price is £70 but will do for £35 plus £2 P&P. Full money back guarantee of course. Will be happy to answer any questions by email or call 0208 9332213
                  Will try to put picture of my Surf with unit on, here, but not sure if i am clever enough.
                  get the plug in!... hehehe!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What happens when you run veg oil through it?

Comment

does it work on petrol engines? and are they 37 quid also? (and will they be that price in the new year as I have no money left till then?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        get the plug in!... hehehe!!
                        Well he was invited to reply. At least it wasn't a gratuitous plug. BTW my brother does tyres and exhausts.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Veg oil and Fuel Cat

Don't know, but have been told that it will work as it reacts with the hydrocarbon chains, so should work with veggie oil. You would not want oil to be to thick going through unit. If someone wants to try for a couple of months and no change then will return money of course.
                          As far as petrol goes, unit will cost £32 inc. and will keep that price for forum members.
                          Happy Christmas
                          Philip
                          Still Searching,
                          Dick Whittington

Comment

Dear Phillip,

Any ideas as to MPG percent increase, roughly?
                            Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                              I have a similar gadget tied to my fuel line. It was on the truck when I bought it. Is it science or witchcraft? Is it responsible for my fuel consumption being 28MPG+

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...942831254&rd=1
                              Been covered before..under title of MAG or something like that. supposed to polarise all the molecules in one way so the consumption is better......just see it as a rip off
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X