RIP Grandad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Grandad

My Grandad passed away this morning, just after 7AM, after being ill for two weeks. He had reached the grand old age of 96.
    I have mixed emotions. Relief that he is no longer suffering and sadness that I will miss him like mad. I consider myself lucky to have had a Grandad until the age of 46 and glad that my grandchildren got to meet him. He has been such a good mate too.
    Grandad was a mad keen cricket fan and could have played for Bedfordshire if it had not been before the days of professional sport. He went knowing that England had won the test. I guess they will need spin bowlers in heaven.
    It's only a hobby!

Sorry to hear you've lost him Phil, my own nan went at 96 and I had the same mix of feelings. I couldnt really regret her death as she had been suffering and was actually happy to go, but you do miss them so much especially at Chrimbo. Its nice to know that your grandad had the satisfaction of seeing England win and meeting your family - remember all the happy times - he wouldnt want you to be too sad..
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

oh dear... my mate died yeaterday at 23... he fell down the stairs on sunday night!... hard to beleive that after all the drunken things we've done that something simple like that will kill you!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sorry to hear your sad news - i lost a complete set within 8 weeks of each other a couple of years ago which was really hard for all of us and knowing that my surviving granny and grandad (85 & 89) will one day go the same way is just too hard to think about - i just can't imagine life without them, they have been a great influence on me.
        We're all thinking of you .

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Phil. Many condolences.

Comment

Wish him a safe trip from all of us.

It is hard, real hard, having lost mine (both sets on my side, and the miss's), I would like them to have been as great an influence on my children as they were with myself and my good lady wife, respectively.

best wises, andyL

Comment

many sympathy,s from the all the ships Phil, but as i suppose the old fella himself may have said, bl**dy good innings.

ship and family

Comment

Life is like the lottery, when your numbers up its up.
                be happy that that his number didnt come up before
                you could get to know him, both mine were gone before i knew them.
                all the best
                Pete

Comment

our thoughts are with you phil.
                  look at it this way Hope we live to 96 hey, and you still got all the memories inside you can recall whenever you want too
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

sorry to hear your sad news phil
                    chin up and keep smiling
                    think of all the memories you have
                    Baner

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      My Grandad passed away this morning, just after 7AM, after being ill for two weeks. He had reached the grand old age of 96.
                      I have mixed emotions. Relief that he is no longer suffering and sadness that I will miss him like mad. I consider myself lucky to have had a Grandad until the age of 46 and glad that my grandchildren got to meet him. He has been such a good mate too.
                      Grandad was a mad keen cricket fan and could have played for Bedfordshire if it had not been before the days of professional sport. He went knowing that England had won the test. I guess they will need spin bowlers in heaven.
                      sorry to hear of your loss m8, never easy loosing someone close to you.......

best wishes to you an your family.........
                      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

my mum

My mum passed away on the 20th Dec this year . She never was the same after dad passed away . Hardest part is telling what is left of our now deminishing family of her passing . We went away for Christmas so it was not on my mind to much .
                        My neighbour is an undertaker so all dealt with before we went away .
                        Now got to sort all the leagal bits out which can be harder then the funeral sometimes .

Funeral on 7th Jan

Rick
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                          My mum passed away on the 20th Dec this year . She never was the same after dad passed away . Hardest part is telling what is left of our now deminishing family of her passing . We went away for Christmas so it was not on my mind to much .
                          My neighbour is an undertaker so all dealt with before we went away .
                          Now got to sort all the leagal bits out which can be harder then the funeral sometimes .

Funeral on 7th Jan

Rick
                          we thinking of you too at this time too rick. like phil mate you got your memories noone can take those.
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            oh dear... my mate died yeaterday at 23... he fell down the stairs on sunday night!... hard to beleive that after all the drunken things we've done that something simple like that will kill you!
                            Sorry to hear Matt . Tam's cousin's husband died at 21 , worst funeral I have attended as he was so young .

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              we thinking of you too at this time too rick. like phil mate you got your memories noone can take those.
                              Thanks Martin .

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X