dvd tv will it work in the uk ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd tv will it work in the uk ?

thinking of buying a 2001 land curser does any body know if you can have the Toyota sat nav TV retuned to work in the uk I know the sat nav wont work but I am unsure on the DVD TV and radio
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

dvd will but prob only be ntsc dvd's, which are easily available online, doubt if t.v will work as UK broadcast pal, and japan use ntsc, unless unit is switchable from ntsc to pal which would be unusual. so in summary, just use it as a ntsc dvd player. The radio will work but will need a band expander, however the displayed frequencies will be wrong.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by TAF
      thinking of buying a 2001 land curser does any body know if you can have the Toyota sat nav TV retuned to work in the uk I know the sat nav wont work but I am unsure on the DVD TV and radio
      I know that if you buy DVD's abroad you have to make sure they are OK to play on your DVD machine back home..You have the opposite where the machine is from abroad. I believe Japan is Region3 and UK is Region 2 (i stand to be corrected.) As long as they match or the player is an all regions one, you should be OK.
      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Working...
      X