Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal

Just recieved an e-mail saying my paypal details require updating? Im being very wary and as yet have not responded. Has anyone else recieved such an e-mail? What do you think.
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Do Not Respond!!!!!

Its A Scam

Paypal Will Only Contact You By Your User Name.

Do Not Give Your Details.

These E-mails Are Scammers, As Are The Ones You Get To Give Your Ebay Details.

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
      Just recieved an e-mail saying my paypal details require updating? Im being very wary and as yet have not responded. Has anyone else recieved such an e-mail? What do you think.
      Ignore it mate. Theres a lot of scams like this going on at the moment, just be wary of anything wanting your personal details. Paypal, ebay, Nochex etc are all being used.

Comment

Before you write it off as a scam, go to the Paypal site, and check your personal details there. Check the expiry date on the credit card you have registered with them. If all seems correct, ignore it. Dont reply to the e-mail, go directly to Paypal.
        Pete

Comment

Copy and paste or even forward the email to paypal for verification. They will let you know, if it is real or a scam, within 48 hours.

I had a scammer place the high bid on my nephews motorbike on eBay. The cheeky git wanted to send me a cheque for £5000, which he couldn't get cleared in Singapore. For me to clear it through my bank deduct the £771 for the bike and return him the remainder. I reported it to eBay cos I was just a little wary and he was unregistered within the hour.

(un)Luckily I found out the hard way years ago that a cheque can clear, you draw on it and then it can bounce, leaving you high and dry.

A mate let his Harley go because he had a building society cheque in his hand and they are "safe as houses." Turned out it was one of a book of blank cheques that were stolen. He never saw his Harley again. There are some real scumbags out there.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

People try and scam me on eBay with that cheque thing all the time - had 3 people kicked out so far. A waste or everyones time and money! so annoying.
            As mentioned forward it to PayPal/EBAY or whoever and they will let you know.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks guys, havent replied but have reported them to paypal. Scumbags.
              [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
              [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

When I get these I forward them to "spoof @ ebay.com" or "spoof @ paypal.com" depending on which one is being scammed.

As reported go directly to the website, and ignore the email.

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

ignore it. or someone will have a good xmas at your expence
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

i had the same E-mail off them asking to update my details or my account would be frozen, strange cos i didn't even have an account with them in the 1st place
                    lets go get dirty...

Comment

yeah this cheque clearing thing, put it in the bank it clears in 3 working days you draw on it but the cheque can still be cancelled up to 10 days , found this out when i paid a cheque in to capital one to clear my credit card and the cheque was not credited to my account rang them and the bank and they had to wait the 10 days as it can still be cancelled thats why im not happy about personal cheques .

Comment

Working...
                      X