Picked up the surf :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up the surf :(

Well i had fun today. The garage came to pick up the surf today and found that it didnt fit on the lorry they brought. So they came back later with a monster glyde lorry .Was a bit sad to see her go because I have a feeling she wont be coming back.I did manage however to strip all the good bits i put in before they took her away.

Not sure if this was good news or not ,but the insurance company after offering me a nissan micra (auto) WOOHOO!!! and me telling them to $%^& off and reconsider ,decided to get me a nissan x-trail top of the range with all the extras.Now what a load of rubbish it is . Build quality is tacky to say the least ,but i am gonna have to put up with it.

Only problem is that none of the windows are tinted and everyone can see me driving the load of garbage. There goes me street cred.
    Suppose i better start looking for a new surf.!!!!!!
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Did you know

After having a conversation with my insurance company I discovered that once liability is agreed you can demand a car of the same standard of car as you were driving and not the cat A that most give you.

This happens because untill liability is agreed the car that you are entitled to comes from your insurance company.Once liability is agreed you can get your insurance company to claim from the other insurance company and so you get the upgraded car.
    The thing is that insurance companies dont like you to know this and most people just take what they are given.

Just thought i would pass this on
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
      After having a conversation with my insurance company I discovered that once liability is agreed you can demand a car of the same standard of car as you were driving and not the cat A that most give you.

This happens because untill liability is agreed the car that you are entitled to comes from your insurance company.Once liability is agreed you can get your insurance company to claim from the other insurance company and so you get the upgraded car.
      The thing is that insurance companies dont like you to know this and most people just take what they are given.

Just thought i would pass this on
      Standard practice , and yes , not many people know it . If you went direct to 3rd party for claim you could demand a 'like for like' hire straight away .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks for that info Mike. I had my Surf off the road twice at no fault of my own, and muggings here said ok to a poxy Micra 1.0 and an even crappier KA. Not that I want there to be a next time, but next time I'm gonna insist on a 4 gen Surf.

P.S...I will be needing your expert plumbing knowledge soon, if I may.

Comment

Well its better than a MICRA, We all hope you get sorted very soon
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

if your not happy with the nissan, you can again demand that they change it, my isurance sorted me out the closest they could get to it in the uk .... a brand new toyota hilux double cab........ didnt want to give it back !!

Comment

next stage..

whatever the insurance company offer you first time, turn it down, giving them a fixed time limit a better offer. they are a bunch of chancers(mostly(in my opinion)) and will always try it on. to be truly efficient start now preparing a list of goodthings about your particular surf that makes it worth more. and get that stiff neck looked at, you look like you are in pain. if at any point you feel sympathy for the insurers or the other driver, think of your premiums and her getting in a car drunk. makes my blood boil!
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
              X