No announcement yet.

2 down one 2 go..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shelly, are you taking the test via a training center, or on your 125. If you are using a center, who are you with, I need to take the direct test on my triumph thunderbird (900). I would just take the test myself on the triumph but don't think i'm allowed to go to the test center without a qualified instructor. (i too have a cr250, it is painfully quick and not really suitable as a trailie, which is what i use it for, kicks the a**es of the xr boys on the fast bits though)
    Last edited by stara; 18 December 2004, 14:02.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Well done Shelley and good luck for the rest of it.

I had a Kawasaki 750 in the 70's. I loved the bike but I came off it near Leominster and broke a lot of things and my friend's front teeth but didn't stop me biking. Used to round up the livestock on an old dirt bike before quad bikes were invented. Take care.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by stara
        shelly, are you taking the test via a training center, or on your 125. If you are using a center, who are you with, I need to take the direct test on my triumph thunderbird (900). I would just take the test myself on the triumph but don't think i'm allowed to go to the test center without a qualified instructor. (i too have a cr250, it is painfully quick and not really suitable as a trailie, which is what i use it for, kicks the a**es of the xr boys on the fast bits though)
        i'm going with cardiff motorcycle school, got 2 days training on my 125 then 2days on 1 of their 500's, i'l take the test on the 500. yep your not allowed to ride to the test center without an instructor. it's costing me £400. i did my CBT with Autec in llandow, they do a gaurantee pass. but i went with cardiff as i work there and is easier 2 get 2. you shouldn't need much training as you ride already so you could do the 3day coarse which is cheaper. you should hurry up and go 4 your licence as they are bringing in a new test soon which is suppose 2 b really hard 2 pass.
        i luv the cr's but i couldn't even get on 1 as i'm 2 short, my dad's got an xr and mine is much more impressive, it took me 2 wks 2 get it bk off my dad when he borrowed it, can't complain thou as he did give it a good service.
        good luck with your test if you go for it. which part of wales do you live??
        i live in Barry but there's nowhere 2 go off roading round here. there's an old scrambling coarse over Barry Island but the security keep kicking us off, sad gits!!!
        lets go get dirty...

Comment

i'm from mountain ash, theres lots of forestry and mountainside (although there has been a major clampdown on offroaders as some scumbag on drugs was wheelying up a residential street two streets over from me on a motocrosser and...well i won't go into it as it is a bit too upsetting to read, needless to say he is already out of jail and has left the area for his own safety.) I was thinking of going with the one in pontypridd but don't know what they are like. Anyway good luck with your test.
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
            i'm from mountain ash, theres lots of forestry and mountainside (although there has been a major clampdown on offroaders as some scumbag on drugs was wheelying up a residential street two streets over from me on a motocrosser and...well i won't go into it as it is a bit too upsetting to read, needless to say he is already out of jail and has left the area for his own safety.) I was thinking of going with the one in pontypridd but don't know what they are like. Anyway good luck with your test.
            sorry 2 hear that, there's always some1 who spoils it 4 every1 else. your lucky 2 live somewhere with loads of land. the 1st thing i'm gonna get after xmas is a motorbike trailer, i can only fit the rt100 on the bike rack, kmx 2 big. i can travel a bit further then, hav some real fun, probs fall off afew times 2 i'm off out practicing on the road 2moro(just a word of warning 2 stay away from barry). let u no how the bike test goes, it's at the end of january, i bet it'l b snowing, knowing my luck!!!
            lets go get dirty...

Comment

Working...
            X