Why should I buy a surf?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should I buy a surf?!

I know this sounds funny, considering I'm in a Surf website, but a friend of mine has one, and I was thinking of getting one myself. But... I have a few questions, can you help?
    Is there anything I should look out for when buying one?
    Is there a better model/year to get?
    I've got about £11K, what "should" that get me?
    Thanks for any help...

Hey Drewneat... I used to have a Pajero, now I have a 3rd gen Surf. WOW what a difference, power galore, comfort and all round great car to drive. I would recommend with that money get a 3rd gen with the 3litre engine. SSR-G is top of the line, which is what I got. Go for it...

Comment

11K will get you a beautiful 3rd gen surf easy. Remember to save some for toys etc.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

11k will get you a beauty of a 3rd gen, but you could also get 2 3L 2nd gens, one for best and one to play in the mud!!

Andy.

Comment

You should get one because you have already registered on here, your hearts saying get, your brain is in sensible mode. Eventually you know heart will win. Oh and they comfortable, good power, great towing motors a bit more unique than the average 4x4, go on treat yourself, you know you want to, its christmas after all.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Well I just bought a 1996 3rd gen for £9700 and that came with all the usual bits, 55K miles plus full underseal, cat1 alarm, full service including timing belt and all fluids....and WOW what a difference coming from a Land Rover Defender! I can actually hear the radio!!!!

11K should get you a top motor, go for it.

Cheers
            Mike
            http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

hey dreweneat-get it!
              i've got a 3rd gen 3.ol ssrg=love it
              no bills in 18 months!
              pure sex on wheels!
              NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
              'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Make a list of the 4x4's you fancy and go for some test drives..... then buy a 3rd gen!
                Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X