Elsbett Veg Oil kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elsbett Veg Oil kits

Elsbett have just quoted me £580 for their veg oil conversion system - new glow plugs/injectors/filters/pre-heaters/relays etc which will allow you to run your car with one tank on 100% veg oil... Has anyone tried these kits??

Elsbett web site

Elsbett conversion

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    Elsbett have just quoted me £580 for their veg oil conversion system - new glow plugs/injectors/filters/pre-heaters/relays etc which will allow you to run your car with one tank on 100% veg oil... Has anyone tried these kits??

Elsbett web site
    I have completed the fitting of the Elsbett kit to my Surf! It was easy to fit and I can report that the motor is humming sweetly with a nice sweet smell of barbeque from the exhaust. I used an initial fill of 30 l of cooking oil from Lidl @ €.60/l to get to Rathdrum to collect a 1000 litre IBC of rapeseed oil.

I'll keep you posted with any further developments.

Regards,

Allen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by doctoral; 18 July 2005, 12:19. Reason: inserting pictures
    Allen Holman - Elsbett Ireland

Comment

Where did you get the 1000L of veg oil? How much? I'd really prefer to get my oil like this!

Rob
      Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Also, wanted to say...replacing the injectors sounds very involved.

My kit cost around the same amount, but didn't involve having to touch the injectors.

Is the main advantage being able to use just one tank?

Rob
        Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Eilish oils

Originally posted by nednil
          Where did you get the 1000L of veg oil? How much? I'd really prefer to get my oil like this!

Rob
          There is a company in Rathdrum Co.Wicklow (EIRE) that buys the seed from local farmers and presses it producing high grade oil (more suitable for combustion than cooking oil from the supermarket it has a higer cetane rating amongst other properties) and a protein cake that is used to feed livestock. Check out their site and Elsbett conversions www.eilishoils.com.

Comment

Elsbett advantages

Originally posted by nednil
            Also, wanted to say...replacing the injectors sounds very involved.

My kit cost around the same amount, but didn't involve having to touch the injectors.

Is the main advantage being able to use just one tank?

Rob
            I'm not sure which kit you installed, I'm presuming its a two tank system. The reasons why I went for the Elsbett kit, apart from them having over 30 years experience at converting diesels were:

1. only one tank to think about so hopefully I'll never darken the door of a gas station again.
            2. I won't have to think about switching fuels when i start up and turn off.
            3. the modified injectors are optimised for the burning of plant oil, so i'll get maximum performace and protect my engine from fuel wash into the lubricating oil.
            4. This project is an environmental one for me, so I wanted to use locally sourced fuel, grown by local farmers and produced by a local company. For me buying oil from the supermarkets only feeds the global hunger for oil and does nothing to help the impeding oil crisis.

Please Google "peak oil" and have a read about what comes up.

Comment

I have been looking at the Elsbett kit for my 3 litre Gen 2 and am very tempted. hows things going with yours now Doctoral?

and have you fitted yours yet chunkymonkey?

(I did try an email you both, but you don't accept emails.)

I don't like the idea of having to use 2 tanks and the elsbett one sounds ideal for me.

any feed back would be very helpful.

cheers.

Comment

These guys haven't posted on this site in 13 and 16 months - you're unlikely to get a reply to 2 year old thread.

btw - 100% veg oil will probably trash your fuel pump seals - thats why most of the veggie surfers run with some diesel (and stops it gelling in the cold).
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Tjillard
                  I have been looking at the Elsbett kit for my 3 litre Gen 2 and am very tempted. hows things going with yours now Doctoral?

and have you fitted yours yet chunkymonkey?

(I did try an email you both, but you don't accept emails.)

I don't like the idea of having to use 2 tanks and the elsbett one sounds ideal for me.

any feed back would be very helpful.

cheers.
                  Another Worcestershire surfer
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

[QUOTE=The Lovely Boyo]These guys haven't posted on this site in 13 and 16 months - you're unlikely to get a reply to 2 year old thread.

It probably trashed their pumps and they've now got disco's
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                      btw - 100% veg oil will probably trash your fuel pump seals - thats why most of the veggie surfers run with some diesel (and stops it gelling in the cold).
                      It only causes problem with rubber seals or old seals. Replacing the seals would make sure that problem didn't arise.

Comment

I know that doctoral was impressed enough with his conversion that he has now entered the business and become a registered elsbett supplier/fitter.

You'll find him listed on the elsbett site here
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

so is doctoral the guy in pembrokshire? I have emailed him, but have yet to get a reply.

So i presume non of you have fitted an Elsbett kit?

I like my truck so much i don't want to wreck it for the sake of saving a few quid. So far it's ran like a dream. (apart from the leaking steering box, but i'll sort that once i find a second hand one.)

Comment

nope - just realised, Doctoral is in Ireland. so not the guy i've emailed.

Comment

Elsbett

Dear All,

Apologies for not paying attention to the posts regarding vegetable oil on the forum. We have been extremely busy with the demmand for Elsbett technology in Ireland. We are now the sole agent for Elsbett, have supplied and fitted a large number of kits to almost every type of diesel engine. A good few Toyotas too.

I am happy to say I still have my Surf, and it has covered may tens of thousands of k's on Pure Plant Oil, thanks to the Elsbett kit.

I was prompted to revisit the forum due to a gearbox fault developing- the first problem the car has given in 4 years! Any tips to find good threads about autoboxes losing OD and holding revs etc?

I will endeavour to configure my control panel so that I can help answer any questions on this topic.

Best regards,

Allen Holman

Comment

Working...
                              X