On the scrounge for a harddrive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the scrounge for a harddrive??

Does anyone have a spare hd laying around, doesn't have to be massive. Pensioner has asked me to have a look at he's PC, he is only gonna use it to speak to he's daughter and granddaughter in spain.

"expert" has had a look at it for him, and apparently its "knackered".

Took my first look and bios password is corrupt, managed to clear that on the jumpers, but the hd is full of corrupt sectors and nothing will install on it. I've fdisked, scan disked and formatted over and over again and it won't accept bugger all.

Like I said, don't need to be a big bugger, its an Acer 233mhz pentium II.

10 or 20 gigs would be ample to install 98se or win2000.

This wil be a freebie for him, but cash waiting for a decent hd +p+p

cheers

Fieldsy

Damn - timing is everything, threw away my old 20 gig HD just 3 weeks ago.

Hoep you find something.

Have you done a full scandisk and repair on it, might help.

Cheers

Comment

yep, tried everything m8, even scan disk can't fix the errors and be sure I've tried umpteen times

He's coming back from he's daughters in a week and I'd dearly love to get it fixed for him........................big softy that I am.

Comment

got an old one lying about somewhere not sure of size think its a 6 gig possibly 10 any good to you?.

Comment

We've got some older 9's lying around here in work. I can get you one if necessary, although putting it in the post ain't the cleverest way to get it to you.
          Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

thanks for the replies and offers fellas, but I'm sorted now, cheers Fieldsy

Comment

Working...
            X