3rd gen/4 runner seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen/4 runner seats

Hi, I'm still on the trail of leather seat covers. Found an American site - PB Leathers which look quite good but they only quote covers for a 4 runner. Are the seats in a 1996 3rd gen the exact same shape as the 4 runner, especially the rear seats?

Jacqueline

I thought you'd go for some SHEEPSKIN ones.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by jax
      Hi, I'm still on the trail of leather seat covers. Found an American site - PB Leathers which look quite good but they only quote covers for a 4 runner. Are the seats in a 1996 3rd gen the exact same shape as the 4 runner, especially the rear seats?

Jacqueline
      If ordering from USA don't forget about the duty & VAT you will be charged. Add on 20% to be on safe side (duty can be anything from 0 to 3% if I remember correctly).

Got caught out with this a few years ago buying golf clubs. The carrier won't release till you pay Customs & Excise!

Checked out the site you mentioned & it looks good & keen prices especially given exchange rate, and provided you can fit these covers yourself!

As I said before I was thinking of doing the leather seats too (only thing missing). You can't beat leather seats, pity you don't see many Surfs with them on as part of options spec'd by the Japanese. Maybe they have an aversion to leather!
      Live for Today

Comment

Hi All

On the subject of seats/seat covers, I have a slight tear and a ciggy burn in my seat.
        The seats are of Ricaro type and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for repairing it (as it is that very thin type material) sewing up is out of the equation, does anyone know of any suppliers of seat covers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          I thought you'd go for some SHEEPSKIN ones.

The sheep said they would be too cold without their coats, let the cows do it.

Good point Cumbrian, I'd forgotten about all the extra add-ons when buying in the USA. I'm surprised that Surfs don't come with leather seats too. For myself, it's more practical as they can be easier cleaned.

Jacqueline
          Last edited by jax; 13 December 2004, 22:13.

Comment

Ho Ho Ho cmon From an ex HERDSMAN Friesan milk herd.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by jax
              ...........I'm surprised that Surfs don't come with leather seats too. For myself, it's more practical as they can be easier cleaned.

Jacqueline
              I remember reading elsewhere (on a site dealing with imports) that many Japanese consider Leather 'unclean' hence the reason it can be hard to find.
              Strange then how so many Pajeros' seem to have it!
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
              X