No announcement yet.

Hard Drive Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, my personal hard drive went kaput about 8 months ago. The only things on it I want to recover are pics of my kids. Two IT guys in work have tried to access my drive as a slave on my work pc - no joy. My drive is clicking too - they reckon it's the head touching the platter, ie - banjaxed.

I just rang a few data recovery companies in Ireland to see where I stand. Responses range from non-refundable deposits and charges for unsuccessful attempts to no-recovery, no fee. Price estimates from €300 or so to "thousands".

One place says they'll have a look for free, search for just jpegs, and if agreeable, arrange a tax-free payment method. The guy I spoke to is a parent and more or less said that they'd continue to make their money on the accountants who'll go out of business if they can't recover client's data, but they'll give the family man a break!

Not a guarantee of recovery, but if it can be done at all, they have as good a chance as anyone, and they seem to have a decent way of doing business.

Mark
    :

Comment

we use http://www.mjm.co.uk/ at work. as of date they have not failed to recover every piece of data of failed hd's in all states of repair. as previously mentioned, it all depends on how badly you want the data back - if the pics can't be replaced then a few hundred ££'s is a bargain. Give them a try, on their webiste there is a quotation form and a "no data, no fee" clause so you don't pay if it's that bad. from what you've described however, i'd be willing to bet they'd have em back to you within 72 hours.

ymmv but I know what I'd be doing. Good luck.

Comment

Next Job is to BACK-UP as often as you can.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X