so its finally given up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so its finally given up!!!

so where does one get a replacment electric aerial then as the carwash has just finished mine off.
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Try the usual suspects
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

From an electric aerial shop pops, you should know that??

Comment

Milners do one as do Roughtrax I think.

Cheers

Comment

The fountain of all useless crap EBAY!!!!!!!

Comment

No no no!!! dont tempt him to buy anything more on ebay!!!

Pops - you know the rules - dont buy anything else til after Chrimbo!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Pops just use an old coat hanger, then when you go next time to car - wash take it out !!!!!!!
              And remember it'll be a direction aerial as well
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat

Pops just use an old coat hanger, then when you go next time to car - wash take it out !!!!!!!
                And remember it'll be a direction aerial as well
                good plan bob easier than this sat nav thing i got. he he
                will it retract like my old one did before the carwash knobbled it
                Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  No no no!!! dont tempt him to buy anything more on ebay!!!

Pops - you know the rules - dont buy anything else til after Chrimbo!!!

Oppps too late.
                  Pops

Comment

I think I've probably had the most stupid accident with a car aerial - I was backing my swedish lump of pig iron out the garage and the rigid roof aerial hooked over the top of the door - after ignoring the wierd noise I couldn't quite place for about another foot, there was this almighty 'PING' and it snapped, bounced off the wall in front and cracked my windscreen
                    oh how I laughed at the time.... not
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Same prob...alternate solution

My aerial is not does not never did work niether!

Just looked at Milners n Roughtrax und ist nichtenzee there!

Electric aerial shop has sold out, shelves were bare when I got there, xmas rush apparently!

Tryed the electric eel shop, but they had dryed up, and were not conducting any more sales.

Tryed the coathanger, very cheap, 5 for a £1, but complete rip off, none of the 5 different plastic colours worked!

Snapped a wooden one trying to unbend the hook!

Spotted a nice electric, plastic one on caravan next door, think i'll nick it tonight
                      apparently picks up ITV1 brilliantly, its a "Status" omnidirectional, not sure about the colour white though.......

.....its a "Fixed" type, so no probs through the carwash!
                      Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Why not go for a simple replacement...If you use whats known as a PMR mount you can then use taxi type aerials they are probbly more efficient and Pops they dont break in the carwash....They are made of high tensile steel works a treat on my tractor unit where the aerial is in line with all the trees that dont get trimmed back by the buses....
                        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                          Why not go for a simple replacement...If you use whats known as a PMR mount you can then use taxi type aerials they are probbly more efficient and Pops they dont break in the carwash....They are made of high tensile steel works a treat on my tractor unit where the aerial is in line with all the trees that dont get trimmed back by the buses....
                          ok so where does one get aforementioned aerial from please????
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                            so where does one get a replacment electric aerial then as the carwash has just finished mine off.
                            Should have washed the Surf by hand . Lazy so and so .
                            Last edited by Vagrant No2; 9 December 2004, 22:08.
                            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                              Should have waqshed the Surf by hand . Lazy so and so .
                              can now got me a petrol power washer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X