Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance rip

Hi all again its the guy with all the silly questions lol

Just wanted to get peeps to comment on their insurance qoutes and companies. I went with Tescos could'nt book it online as they didnt list the Surf on their data base. As you get an extra 5% off when booking online I was a little annoyed but I told the saleswoman that and she give it to me anyway. For living in a pretty quiet area and having it drivewayed full comp come to £764 thats a 3.0 ltr 2 gen with front bullbars. Bullbars added £100 to my policy ! eek ! dont feel as safe without them though lol. Or rather can't intimidate Corsa's and the like as well

Why the last keeper never kept the fitting dock for the imobiliser I'll never know

Have you tried Admiral?

The Surf's listed on their website now, so you can get a proper quote without speaking to anyone (w'out mods anyway).

Mines up for renewal Jan 28th & their price is held until 31/01/05 (it's also the best quote I had so far). They do 2 insurance schemes: the regular 12mth cover or a 10mth bonus excelerator(?).
    NorthWestDirt
    [aka Paul]

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK

Just wanted to get peeps to comment on their insurance qoutes and companies. I went with Tescos could'nt book it online as they didnt list the Surf on their data base. As you get an extra 5% off when booking online I was a little annoyed but I told the saleswoman that and she give it to me anyway. For living in a pretty quiet area and having it drivewayed full comp come to £764 thats a 3.0 ltr 2 gen with front bullbars. Bullbars added £100 to my policy ! eek ! dont feel as safe without them though lol. Or rather can't intimidate Corsa's and the like as well

Why the last keeper never kept the fitting dock for the imobiliser I'll never know
      keep shopping around m8 i got about 20 qoutes. iam now with nig dont like the company to be honest but they are the cheapest from my list. i was qouted as much as £1500, to the amount that i pay now about £340 ish...
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I did it with tescos online and I could get it listed... ah maybe they only listed 2.4 no i remember.
        carry on.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I went with Lifesure, who in turn use NIG. £458 fully comp and business!!

rgds

Bryan

Comment

try Adrian flux.....

Buying a surf soon ... I've been quoted £448 fully comp through Adrian Flux the company is Red Star. I thought this was too cheap so i rang them back to make sure. It was correct. The quote was for a 3.0 auto ssr-g M reg .. Still wanting help as to where is the best place to buy one any help much appriecated... Good luck ...

Comment

I tried a few import insurance people they couldnt match elephant.co.uk fully comp at £450...that was without any no claims..as id been in a company car for too long!! good price and comes with good add ons too.
              Markjbl32

Comment

Hi I am with Tesco bought on line but phoned them to make sure that the price was not wrong.

For a 1994 2.4 SSRX parked in a garage with an imobleiser fitted with over 10 yrs no clames £316.
                The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

Sorry about the spelling
                  The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

I am with Privilege and pay around £370.

Comment

I am with A Plan pay about £410 i'm only 25 though with 4 yrs No Claims
                      "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

Cheers all didnt realise I get that much feedback, bummer is I have already paid £150 deposit on my insurance. Might be worth canceling and trying someone else now

Comment

Cheers all didnt realise I get that much feedback, bummer is I have already paid £150 deposit on my insurance. Might be worth canceling and trying someone else now

places like Lifesure are worth a call, I know from previous posts on here they have saved some people a packet.
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

£296 fully comp with A plan.

Even if you have already paid a deposit you should have a cooling off period whereby you can change your mind - (although I dont know when you took out the insurance)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X