What a noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a noise

I was enjoying a ride around in my newly aquired 2.4 ssr-x ltd Surf when the engine stated making a hell of a racket, to find out the crank shaft had broken so I stated surfing the net to find a company in London area who had a good replacement, so I paid £800 + and wait to see it arive the next morning at the garage, only it didn't arrive. So I get on the phone and was told it was now on the lorry and would be with me in the morning, the next morning came and went still no engine. This went on for a couple of days and there was always an excuse and the promise that I would not be let down and the engine would be arriving the next day. Finally a week later I was told they never had an engine and they would repay me the money which would be in the bank by Wednesday, but hey! you know it, no money has been put in the bank. I will be on the phone in the morning and if I don't get my money back I will tell you all the name of this company and I shall also be making a web site for them only it won't be doing any good advertising for them ;-) So be on your guard. if anyone could give me any advice on what engines will fit a 1990 H reg ssr-x ltd Surf I'd be very grateful.
    Nigel.

bad luck there, tell us the name of these cowboys anyway, the way you've been treated is out of order.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

News now in, the money still hasn't gone in the bank and yesterday I used Findapart again and I recived another e-mail from the company to say they have an engine albeit slightly dearer but they will refund my money if I would like them too. (So very kind of them) but it will take two days.....Who every you are that runs Parts Plaza. Unit 20, Marshgate Lane, Stratford, London. E15 2NH Your company stinks mate I am a disabled person with a wife and two children just trying to get by in life and you don't give a stuff for anyone but yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X