Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly Bullet!

My baby is ill!!!

After performing superbly as usual on the plains on Saturday, then driving us down to Winchester for the meet and greet, we got in the Bullet on Sunday , drove 70 miles on the motorway - only to have her blow a wheel bearing 10 miles from our destination in Stevenage!!

We limped the last 10 miles with diff oil spurting everywhere, worked on the house all day and then gave her a nice ride home on the back of the AA mans lorry and got there at midnight!

Not only that but Tony was ill and spent the day in bed!! (and no it wasnt due to the drink - he only had a half of lager Sat night as he was driving!!)

So I got a lift to the station in the 25 year old Ford D series Lorry - which is currently our only working vehicle and bless her - she started first time!!

Tony's got some work to do this week I guess!! Just hope the diff's ok!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Originally posted by Linda
    My baby is ill!!!

After performing superbly as usual on the plains on Saturday, then driving us down to Winchester for the meet and greet, we got in the Bullet on Sunday , drove 70 miles on the motorway - only to have her blow a wheel bearing 10 miles from our destination in Stevenage!!

We limped the last 10 miles with diff oil spurting everywhere, worked on the house all day and then gave her a nice ride home on the back of the AA mans lorry and got there at midnight!

Not only that but Tony was ill and spent the day in bed!! (and no it wasnt due to the drink - he only had a half of lager Sat night as he was driving!!)

So I got a lift to the station in the 25 year old Ford D series Lorry - which is currently our only working vehicle and bless her - she started first time!!

For the first line and then up to the second comma.... i wondered if you were talking about the Bullet or Tony !!!! I'm glad he finally got a mention....the fact that he had a lot of work to do..... Got your priorities right there girlie.....
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

not having much luck lately are ya'? hope they get sorted soon
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

sod the cars, get well soon tony. the cars will still be there mate
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Awh dont worry about the poor Tony stuff... he likes working out in the cold in the dark when hes ill!

Hehe - seriously though I did tuck him up and mother him at the weekend, then went and mothered the Bullet!

I think he will drag out fixing her though as he loves driving the lorry to work every day! LOL
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Parts are on the way from Roughtrax, and shd arrive tomorrow. Fortunately Tony's feeling better too, so he shd be able to take her apart tonight all ready for tomorrow.. (that is as long as she decides to play nice......)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Poor baby Bullet is all fixed!!! Tony fitted the new bearing and brake shoes last night and she's well happy. Fortunately the diff wasnt damaged and shes back to her usual spritely self!!

Right - better wash her now then....
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Pleased to see your back on the road Linda, just in time for Xmas !!!!!!!!
                [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  Poor baby Bullet is all fixed!!! Tony fitted the new bearing and brake shoes last night and she's well happy. Fortunately the diff wasnt damaged and shes back to her usual spritely self!!

Right - better wash her now then....
                  MAKE SURE THE AERIAL IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!![
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    MAKE SURE THE AERIAL IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!![
                    it goes down automatically when I turn the engine off!! I dont wash in with the engine running unless its in a river or puddle!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X