Aaaaaghg Grrrr Glow Plugs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaghg Grrrr Glow Plugs!!!

Well, I finally got around to changing my glow plugs... or so I thought!

Started off ok, undoing the bolts for the air intake pipe, and then it all started going wrong - after I'd got both the intake pipe and the turbo2inlet pipe off I set too on undoing the glowplug bus bar. That was ok for 3 of the glow plugs, until I got to the one nearest the bulk head!...... where's the black hex head gone??? damnit!!! The brass bit with the screw thread was there, but nothing to turn it with! Man was *I* annoyed! Took me 40mins with a pair of needle nosed pliers just to get it loose enough to turn, then 20 mins turning it 1/8 of a turn every two or three attempts! I was going mad! Then when I finally got it off, I thought I had a 12mm long reach socket - oh but did I ?? - what i'd seen was a 14mm spark plug socket, which is not the same at all! Phoned the missus, but didn't realise it was just after halfords had shut, so thought, sod it, i'll put it back together! COULD I GET THE turbo2inlet pipe back on?? Could I FCUK! Had to change from my battery powered light to a mains clip light, which subsequently got smashed into the engine bay when the missus decided to trip over the wire by accident! Finally, after 3 hours overall, I'd got it apart, and back together achieving nothing.

WOW.

LOL
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Originally posted by andy_enuff
    Well, I finally got around to changing my glow plugs... or so I thought!

Started off ok, undoing the bolts for the air intake pipe, and then it all started going wrong - after I'd got both the intake pipe and the turbo2inlet pipe off I set too on undoing the glowplug bus bar. That was ok for 3 of the glow plugs, until I got to the one nearest the bulk head!...... where's the black hex head gone??? damnit!!! The brass bit with the screw thread was there, but nothing to turn it with! Man was *I* annoyed! Took me 40mins with a pair of needle nosed pliers just to get it loose enough to turn, then 20 mins turning it 1/8 of a turn every two or three attempts! I was going mad! Then when I finally got it off, I thought I had a 12mm long reach socket - oh but did I ?? - what i'd seen was a 14mm spark plug socket, which is not the same at all! Phoned the missus, but didn't realise it was just after halfords had shut, so thought, sod it, i'll put it back together! COULD I GET THE turbo2inlet pipe back on?? Could I FCUK! Had to change from my battery powered light to a mains clip light, which subsequently got smashed into the engine bay when the missus decided to trip over the wire by accident! Finally, after 3 hours overall, I'd got it apart, and back together achieving nothing.

WOW.

LOL
    Call it a practice run, next time you'll sail through it
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Oh so tru! I thought about actually running through Stevenage over to TonyN's house, but I only have short legs

Is it a main dealer for the screw cap part of the glow plug then?
      ======

Comment

forgive me, i know it's not politicaly correct and a little calous. but........................... .....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA!
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

glowplug

IF U BUY FROM MILLNERS THEY NOW HAVE A SMALL 6mm (I THINK FROM MEMORY) NUT TO SCREW DOWN BUSS BAR.I HAD SAME PROBLEM ON MINE BUT CAPS WERE SHAGGED ON 3 OF THE PLUGS.

Comment

Yep.Ditch the plastic cased caps and use flared nuts.

Neville

Comment

Sweet, ok

And stevie. It wasn't funny at the time but now it is LOL
              ======

Comment

sorry mate, it's just that i know all to well what it's like to go at it, all day long, just get thwarted by some piddling little nut or other, have to put it all back together cos you need it to get to work, and have nothing to show for the whole day except skinned knuckles and some new swear words.

just glad to see i'm not the only one it happens to!
                and as is the male tradition, show no sympathy and take the p**s.
                mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

All good with me. I expected no sympathy hahaha
                  ======

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
                    All good with me. I expected no sympathy hahaha
                    Well we all know what sympathy is - a word in the dictionary between sh1t and syphalis

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

apparently when they put sympathy in the dictionary, they had to take the word gullible out.
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X