brakes lock up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes lock up

ok any one had this back brakes seem to lock up even when your not braking heavey doesn't even have to be in the rain you can just go over a man hole and we hay nice tire scretch and one pair of soiled pants for the car in front . some one said about brake balancing any one heard of this .
    Last edited by smnspark; 5 December 2004, 20:22.

Not had that problem, do you have the original Jap tyres still ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

could be the brake bias adjuster seized so too much goes to the rear... but have you looked at the shoes, checked handbrake isn't seized, tried backing off the adjustment a touch or checking the cylinders aren't seized?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

could be your rear brake load sensing valve. if it thinks that the truck is fully loaded ie your but dragging the floor it will put a lot more brake effort to the rear wheels.

not sure how best to check it's operation but if you have a badly sagging but this may contribute to it.

you get new ones but not cheap.
        http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...5&category=156

about £120

could also be tyres as said before if you have the origanal jap ones on still i believe the use a lot harder rubber or somthing like that to increase longevity but handling suffers as a result.
        Attached Files
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

the tires that are on it are yokahamas think i,ll take it into a brake service center and get them to have a look any one know of any in the south east.

Comment

any garage will do that... just your usual one.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by smnspark
              the tires that are on it are yokahamas think i,ll take it into a brake service center and get them to have a look any one know of any in the south east.
              East Sussex is a big place, give us a clue where you are.

Comment

Most likely rear load sensing valve has failed. £95 from www.milneroffroad.com

Cheers

Kev

Comment

found something that dont help matters someone has been roating the tires but there directional so the rotation arrow is pointing in thev wrong direction unless i reverse every ware

Comment

ok got my brakes sorted today after going completely sideways on a roundabout the back bias adjuster had been wound in to far or out to much cant remember aparently they do this on the suv test as they test the brakes on a rolling road . guess they never put it back correct cost me £47.00 bargin i can brake properly and the tires are ice tires so no wonder it dont grip very well save them for when the ice age returns.
                    the sizes or 265/70/15 am i right in thinking i 270/70/15 will fit or what size can i put on saftly with out scrubing out

Comment

Working...
                    X