Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my 1st Surf

Hi All,

I've been checking out the site/forums and registered without hesitation - keep up the great work !

Anyway - purchased my first Surf on Monday - '89 SSR Limited 2.4 TD(imported Nov 2002) -got 194000kms on the clock - but engine appears ok - oil pressure, temp etc all as should be - drives great - a couple of small dents that need the aid of Dentmaster and I need a rear boot carpet, which is missing - but I have fallen in love with it !

A couple of questions,if I may, there is no radio/cd/cassette in it and somebody has been using a pair of shears and glue on the respective wiring -are these radios available to buy or does someone do an adapter plate for a single din unit ?

Secondly, does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can get one from ? - the door courtesy light only works from one rear door and the red front door puddle lights are u/s etc.

Apart from that the bodywork is superb and the chassis is like new and no oil leaks (just got rid of a Series 3 Landy !)

P.S. Anyone know what the standard tyre sizes are and official vehicle height on stardard 15" rims and tyres ?

Cheers,

Kim (male - Nottinghamshire)

Welcome to the asylum

You can fit a single din radio and just buy a blanking box from Halfrauds .

Andy.

Comment

Do a search on the forum, most if not all your questions will be answered mate

Welcome to Surfers Paradise! Hehehe
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Hi Kim,

I've just gotten myself a surf too , just imported and had the double din jap radio in it which was useless. I needed a immobiliser fitted so while there i had them change the stereo for a single din and put a blanking piece under it to fill the gap. Now wishing I'd been more sure what i was getting as there is a little cubby hole in the blanking piece but it has no lip or anything to hold what i put in it. It's therefore totally useless! I'll try to find some adhesive rubber sheet or something which might grip my shades case at least. If you do it yourself I've seen posts saying Halfords sell the bits you need but then most car audio places will have it in stock by the look of it.

Don't forget the search option one the forum, you don't have it before you registered so it's easy to miss.

Cheers
        Neil
        PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Damn you have to be quick to get your post in
          PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Enjoy your new baby

Kim (female - lincolnshire) !!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Surfing madhouse Kim. There is a wiring diagrams "Sticky" at the top of the Technical Electrical section. They are not very clear until you save them and zoom in, using your photo program.

Good luck.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Double din units from an MR2 will fit fine have a wander around the breakers. I got a new double din Sony radio/cd/tape for my Surf from this guy paddymw2000@yahoo.com cost was £120. Looks as though it was always part of the car
                Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
                X