manners cost nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manners cost nothing

hi been trying to raise the character of the 4x4 so this week driving to work i,ve been curtious stopping for pedestrians letting other cars out giving way to buses and generaly going out of my way to be nice and roughly speeking only 1 out of 10 poeple acknowledge this by saying thankyou
    makes you wonder why you bother
    oh well i,ll carry on being nice it makes me feel better
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

POLITENESS IS DEAD, Nobody holds the door for you any more.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

does anybody else find no matterwhat you do people ave a go just because its a 4x4
      ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

I always try to be sensibly polite when driving. I don't see the point in blocking someone who is waiting to turn right from the opposite lane, when I can't go anywhere myself, due to queing traffic. I find most, even in the London area, at least acknowlege.

Tonight, on the way into work, i was let out of a side turning by a London Taxi. He managed to break with the stereotype.

I find that the better I drive the more relaxed I am when I get to my destination.
        It still makes your blood boil when another motorist is being a total ****head.

The way I look at it is this. We all make mistakes. The guy in front who appears to be a total no brainer is probably just having his silly moment. The rest of the time he is likely to be a model driver. Live and let live I say.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
          hi been trying to raise the character of the 4x4 so this week driving to work i,ve been curtious stopping for pedestrians letting other cars out giving way to buses and generaly going out of my way to be nice and roughly speeking only 1 out of 10 poeple acknowledge this by saying thankyou
          There are def no manners in London, though the further I drive out on the way home they seem to return mile by mile
          Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
            The thing you have to remember is that if you're nice to someone they won't remember, but if you're not, they won't forget.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              POLITENESS IS DEAD, Nobody holds the door for you any more.
              open it yourself lazy you got two hands
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Working...
              X