Where do you work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you work?

Where does everyone work? I imagine we have a wide range of very cool job descriptions!

I'm an IT support agent for british midlands airways - I have to keep all computer systems round britains second biggest airline running smoothly, from the (freezing) comfort of Fujitsu's Stevenage office. Plus I also run my own club promotion business EnuffSaid.com. Both jobs require silly hours, hence silly post times!

What does anyone else do?
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

I am a Radio Technician, working for a company that maintains all the radio systems on the London Underground. When I go to work I could be sent anywhere from Watford to Morden, Heathrow to Upminster.

I too "work" silly hours.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I work from home, I was made redundant two weeks ago
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

im an area sales manager
        ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Motor Engineer/Assessor for Allianz Cornhill Insurance , and yes it is as boring as it sounds .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Mines a real boring job
            Work as a contractor for Scottish Water, so travel all over Scotland ( in the baby )
            Yesterday : started 5-00 am drove from Ayrshire to Gairloch ( North West Scotland ) its opposite Isle of Skye but on the mainland.

Arrived 12-00 had to travel 8 miles up a track into hills/mountain to get to a water service reservior. O managed it without 4 wheel drive.

Decided to have a bite to eat looking out towards Skye, sunny & warmish & watched the deer graising, about 20 meters away.

4 hours working on equipment, then around 4.30 watched the sunset over the Cuillin Hills on Skye, then went home. Used 4 wheel drive going down the track, it was now dark, only company sheep & deer so had to be careful.

Arrived home 6 hours later.

Boring really
            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Hello all.
              Well im an Avionics Engineer in the RAF, currently with the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton. It's not a bad life....! Have some very odd and long hours! Occasionally have to but otherwise not too much of a hardship!

This is it www.raf.mod.uk/reds/
              Nige........
              Last edited by JackRabbit; 2 December 2004, 13:42.
              Nige...............

Anything you can do.......i

Comment

Fire Protection engineer - fixed fire fighting systems, mainly gas systems.
                I work for a division of the worlds largest fire protection company - Kidde.

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I work in a big office in London - the only good bit is that I get to work from home 2 days a week at the mo!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

well i'm a sound designer/dubbing editor - working on some of the most well known kids animation shows on TV.

I get paid to sit in a dark room and make silly noises all day!!
                    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

I'm a software engineer working for EDS on the Department for Work and Pensions contract. I'm mainly involved in software to help the Department detect and track benefit fraud (that makes it sound good). I get paid to sit in a warm (HA!) office, drink tea, and play on a computer all day.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

I buy and sell trailers most of the time and do some building work a little of the time... good thing is get long drives in the Surf somedays (London to Cheshire and back on Monday )
                        The rest of the time im fiddling with computer stuff and doing people favours
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I work as a Project Engineer, I am supposed to design the electrical systems on current and future Ford Transits.

Mostly I sit in meetings and argue over who will pay for a change to the system.

In my spare time I try and help my friends band with gigs and gentle promotion www.causeforconcern.org.uk.

Oh and the search for finding my true partner, third gen...

Comment

BT engineer, installation and repair of pstn, isdn, adsl, & private wire circuits.
                            [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

I am in the US Air Force, and am a Helicopter mechanic. Dont do much spanner turning anymore, as I am in a supervisory position now. I am going to be stationed here for another 4 years (at Mildenhall)...

Comment

Working...
                              X