She Who must be obeyed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Who must be obeyed..

Being very new to the 4x4 scene i had my 1st reminder that the surf needs to be respected..

I was on my way home waiting to turn off preston new road, sat there waiting for a gap to turn into the side road... small gap appears and i think.. i can make that... full lock foot to floor... made it no problem and then the back end came round and i was facing a terrifed "green" woman in a citreon ax who was waiting to come out of the junction i was turning into..

The nose of the surf was perfectly head on to her drivers door about 40cm's away, anyway i smiled waved and drove off home..

Scarey moment that made me think the surf needs some respect.. glad the mrs wernt in the surf..lol

Note to oneself: The surf cannot be thrown full lock and floored like my Audi with 20" 235 tyres on it..

I had a timely reminder that I was in a 2 ton truck and not a sports car a couple of days ago. Just gave it a bit too much wellie turning right at a wet mini roundabout. I ended up going back the way I came. Luckily it was quiet. I gave the dog walker a friendly wave and smiled as if I meant to do it.

The roundabout is that tight, a u-turn is out of the question, so it may be a useful technique the next time Mrs KS rings me to say I have forgotten my glasses or something!!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Our car park at work has the most awfully worn out tarmac i think i have ever driven, not even the slightest gas and it's sliding about all over the shop... shame really... perfect practice for those scary moments where it's not intentional!
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Well i found out today that adrenalin is brown...

Coming around the M25 this afternoon when a dutch artic passed me up the hill between 18 and 19 you know the bit where struggling heavies have bully their way into the flow of traffic. All of a sudden a silver car was flicked into the dirt from sitting in the blind spot of a left hooker....Me now thinking that Scania is getting close in front of me OH S~#*t Stand on the middle one..Only just made it with a foot to spare good job i was empty didnt fancy filling out the triplicate forms.....
        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I had the back end sliding out yesterday on the way home from work. I was happily singing along to The Pixies, when I went round a corner in the middle of the road (the corner is very sharp anyway and the road is only a lane & a half wide) just as I came round it, i found a Honda CRV coming the opposite way, I pull my truck round sparply on the brake and the back end swings right out and horses itself back in behind me when i straighted up.

The CRV driver looked ghoslty white, while I was happily bumping along the verge after my first reminder that I no longer drive a car

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
            Well i found out today that adrenalin is brown...

Coming around the M25 this afternoon when a dutch artic passed me up the hill between 18 and 19 you know the bit where struggling heavies have bully their way into the flow of traffic. All of a sudden a silver car was flicked into the dirt from sitting in the blind spot of a left hooker....Me now thinking that Scania is getting close in front of me OH S~#*t Stand on the middle one..Only just made it with a foot to spare good job i was empty didnt fancy filling out the triplicate forms.....
            Found the brake a bit quicker this time eh?!

Comment

Working...
            X