X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injectors????

hi all.
    pops thinks his injectors in need of some TLC
    where does one access these injectors/ nozzles or such like. ????????
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Originally posted by pops
    hi all.
    pops thinks his injectors in need of some TLC
    where does one access these injectors/ nozzles or such like. ????????
    Pops.

If you want to get a new set, www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk do a set for £70. Just got a set and wish I'd had them a year ago. They are fully refurbished and look like new. The injectors are fitted in the passenger side of the head just further to the edge than the glowplugs. You will need to remove the glow plug bus bar and the fuel pipes (17mm open ended spanner for the fuel pipes). You will then need a deep 21mm socket to undo the injectors from the head. Just make a not of where everything goes so that you assemble the washers in the correct way and also the glow plug bus bar as well.

Cheers

Comment

cheers andy.
      blimmey that sounds very technical job?? feel a is TONYN free soon coming on
      Tony mate pops in need
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
        cheers andy.
        blimmey that sounds very technical job?? feel a is TONYN free soon coming on
        Tony mate pops in need
        Actually it's not difficult at all, not even that time consuming, should be able to do the whole job in less than an hour.

Cheers

Comment

like everything... once you have done it once you can tell everyone its easy
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Lucky - wasn't the injectors causing the smoking, they're OK. Due to the altitude (!) the fuel flow just needed turning back a bit! Had it Dyna checked and everything is within normal tolerances so everything is back to normal - thank God! But I'l, still be buying a set of refurbed heads from Par as soon as I get the spare tom. Did you find the part no. or pic yet for the reinforcing plate?
            @africa4x4cafe
            [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
              Lucky - wasn't the injectors causing the smoking, they're OK. Due to the altitude (!) the fuel flow just needed turning back a bit! Had it Dyna checked and everything is within normal tolerances so everything is back to normal - thank God! But I'l, still be buying a set of refurbed heads from Par as soon as I get the spare tom. Did you find the part no. or pic yet for the reinforcing plate?
              Still working on it, had a bit of a cow reinstalling EPC on the PC, not quite there yet but hopefully it will reinstall later today - I've changed jobs so I deinstalled it ready for the PC to go back. Glad you got the smoking sorted out.

Cheers

Comment

No worries, no hurries (he says as he reaches for the electric cattle prod!)...
                @africa4x4cafe

Comment

can you get uprated injectors from anywhere?
                  ======
                  Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

I've got EPC on line on my machine if you need a part number looking up?

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk do a set for £70
                      Velly intellesting! What difference are u noticing Andy, power or smoke-free? Did you have to return your old injectors in part exchange

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                        Velly intellesting! What difference are u noticing Andy, power or smoke-free? Did you have to return your old injectors in part exchange
                        Can't tell yet as my exhaust manifold is now blowing and the turbo is cattled, however it starts first time on the key now with no smoke or hesitation at all, runs smooth, not lumpy. Soon as I get the Turbo and manifold fixed I'll tell you. Also no the injectors weren't exchange they were outright sale.

Cheers

Comment

I'm looking for the part no. and picture of the internal reinforcing plate that goes inside the rear pillar where the swing out wheel carrier bolts on.
                          @africa4x4cafe

Comment

I'll have a look...

andyL

Comment

how does the following sound

p/n 61607-89101 - prod. 9108-9511 - Retainer Sub-Assy, Spare Wheel Carrier Hinge - KZN130, LN130, VZN130 ...SSRX

AndyL
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X