Anyone read The Sun yesterday??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone read The Sun yesterday??

Here we go again......................... ..........................
    Attached Files

good on ken gibson sticking up for us. personally i would rather be hit by a 4x4 at say 30mph (hip to chest high depending on height) than a boy racer in his mr2/crx boom box at ankle height/roll over the roof into other traffic no wot i mean .

Comment

The current Estimate of HIV victims is way ahead of road deaths so those figures quoted are HYPED up.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by rollovanova
        good on ken gibson sticking up for us. personally i would rather be hit by a 4x4 at say 30mph (hip to chest high depending on height) than a boy racer in his mr2/crx boom box at ankle height/roll over the roof into other traffic no wot i mean .
        Good article too in today's (Sat) Daily Telegraph Motoring section asking how come Ken Livingstone knows that more pedestrians are hurt because of 4x4s than the one of the top honchos at Honda who has been testing all sorts of vehicles for 20 years and says there are good and bad in all sort & types of vehicle, so you can't generalise about 4x4s.
        Live for Today

Comment

Al I can say about that fantastic work of fiction in the Sun is........... What a bunch of divots.

Andy.

Comment

In the paragraph where it says " other drivers that are pranged in the side by these vehicles, is 27 times more likely to die than if they were hit by a saloon car," surely this is going to encourage more people to buy 4x4s !

Comment

Cant get it in Southern Spain .. sorry .. here we have The Costa Calida Informer .. great for reading about the latest drug busts with the Morocans ...

Comment

What a load of ill informed crap. We have a bloke at work with his mentality. He goes around stating that all 4x4 owners should pay double road tax because they are twice as heavy as other cars and do twice the damage to the road surface. When I explained that they also have wider tyres, making a larger footprint and, therefore, the pressure applied to the road surface is probably no different to a hatchback. He then says that, if and when, he ever gets a 4x4 he will do it properly and it will be a proper British Landrover, not a piece of Japanese sh*te. He is an ignorant racist berk, jealous because he is mortgaged up to the eyeballs and can't afford anything better than an M Reg Peugeot 306.

I think the same applies to the idiots that put pen to these types of articles. What chance do you have when most of the people on these committees, discussing these, "ishoos," as they like to call them, don't have driving licenses.

Numbskulls.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by rollovanova
                  That a dig? I ran an SW20 MR2 Turbo* for a while (see profile) & my wife has a CRX - the 2seater electric-roofed one, not the old cheese wedge (see thread about Police pulling young drivers) - only joking matey I love my Surf (& the previous one I had b4 the *Tubby).

I am sick to death of people ranting ignorantly about motors - 4x4s in particular (unless they're slating Fronteras of course ).
                  NorthWestDirt
                  [aka Paul]

Comment

More from these w*ankers here:

http://www.neweconomics.org/gen/news...thWarning.aspx

and here:

http://www.neweconomics.org/gen/uplo...2004193823.jpg

Comment

And on the Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4043959.stm

Comment

Theyre all jumping on the band waggon

No news is good news
                        and daily news is tomorrows chippy wrap
                        Gaz

Comment

personally, i,d be more worried about the pigeon flu article, the rest is crap

ship

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                            What a load of ill informed crap. We have a bloke at work with his mentality. He goes around stating that all 4x4 owners should pay double road tax because they are twice as heavy as other cars and do twice the damage to the road surface. When I explained that they also have wider tyres, making a larger footprint and, therefore, the pressure applied to the road surface is probably no different to a hatchback. He then says that, if and when, he ever gets a 4x4 he will do it properly and it will be a proper British Landrover, not a piece of Japanese sh*te. He is an ignorant racist berk, jealous because he is mortgaged up to the eyeballs and can't afford anything better than an M Reg Peugeot 306.

I think the same applies to the idiots that put pen to these types of articles. What chance do you have when most of the people on these committees, discussing these, "ishoos," as they like to call them, don't have driving licenses.

Numbskulls.
                            Have you got his name and address handy?