No announcement yet.

Trouble With The Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry folks but a lot of the cop bashing here is drivel.

Not defending the few badun's out there, just that some of us need to get this in proportion !

best wishes

phil

Comment

i have spotted the problem!

i live in the sticks and think the police do a difficult job pretty well (overall) lots of londoners think all coppers are b#######s as the song goes..
      the coppers are terrible cos they are londoners, not cos they are coppers!
      i shall be forming a new group called 'Off Roaders Against London' we will campaign and protest until the m25 becomes a moat, thus ridding the world of bad coppers. anyone want to join?
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I'm really starting to wish that I hadn't started this thread. I wasn't having a go at all coppers. I was just questioning why some have to come over so snotty. I have met some with a good sense of humour. Driving to a very urgent job near Heathrow I was stopped and asked if I was having trouble reaching take off speed.

On another occasion I was in the passenger seat, with a colleague driving, when we were pulled over.
        "Are you a Star Trek fan Sir?" Asks the traffic cop.
        "Er, yes, why do you ask?" says my mate.
        "Your photon drive is engaged," says the policeman, pointing at the fog lights, "Switch it off and your flux capacitor will last longer," and just waved us off!

Another time I was totally shocked when a cop used his discretion after my mate had a micro sleep at the wheel and jumped a set of red lights. It was 2AM, in Central London. My mate apologised profusely. He explained that his 3 month old baby had kept him awake all day. The cop just told him to turn the heating down, leave a window open and get a cup of coffee in the all night cafe two miles up the road.

All these incidents were a good few years ago and the climate seems to have changed.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonythetiler
          sorry but reading back on this post, if you really think police try to help you are living on a different planet. they are institutionalised and brainwashed that they are the law not to serve the law.after 20 yrs of driving in e.london and being pulled up umpteen times for f.a. you lose faith in your justice system.my wife and i have been humiliated on certain occasions in front of friends and family by idiots given a badge of power for no reason other than us not conforming to their status in public. i take great pride in my collection of police vehicles illegally parked and regularly send them to local top filth.
          no replies as yet.
          yes i dont like filth
          tony
          [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
          [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

If the cop bashers here are sincere in their opinions, then I can only repeat my view:

"Not defending the few badun's out there, just that some of us need to get this in proportion !"

However if you believe its 'institutional', whats your alternative?

best

phil

Comment

At he end of the day the JUDICIAL SYSTEM is all wrong as the POLICE cant do much anymore because of RACISM & the like.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

From my experience I would say that they are only doing their job, just like the rest of us.
                We had the criminal intelegence unit knock on our door last year asking if they could "borrow" our spare room to do a little survelence op, we let them, and there were very polite and helpfull, they even bought the missis some flowers and chocs and me a bottle of single malt which was nice of them.
                Another tine I was pulled on the Dorchester bypass in a merc sprinter doing 85mph, after a little chat the copper said he was going to let me off with a caution as I had listened to him and understood the point he was trying to make.
                Yeah some people say that they are there just to get revenue from traffic fines but there is one hell of a lot of other crime out there, in bournemouth they estimate that crime from and relating to drugs costs the public 30 million a year, and that's just bournemouth !
                If your gonna get abusive or sarky when they pull you over, yes they will throw the book at you , and if you drive like a loon in a 1.1 nova sooped upto the max with ad on's then that's gonna atract their attention.

My opinion is that most of the injustice lies with the court system which radicly needs reforming.

Just my opinion, hope it doesn't offend.

Andy.

Comment

Your son should get a surf!!

I know how your son feels.

I passed my test at 18 and drove my M2 1.3ghia fiesta Ghia (1982 A plate) out and around to work.

Training at the time as an electrician I had roof racks and small steps on top.

Cables all over the boot etc as you do.

I could bet anyone, that passing through Torquay after 6pm would reserve me a pull by the police.

Every time they asked the same questions.............

What do you do for a living (looking at all the cables)?

Why are you driving...............?

Dum arses

Now I've moved up into the surf now........hehe
                  Just have to be carefull overtaking everything that you don't go flying past a mobile pig.1

regards

Comment

good job I got in early with the Surf then?
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                    X