Bio Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Diesel

I live in the Leeds south, W Yorks area.

Does anyone know of a bio diesel supplier, who can supply tankfuls within an area local to myself.

I have tried 3 suppliers. 1 in Bradford does not respond to my emails, 1 in Yeadon does respond but does not want to give me a price, the same with one I have found in Garforth.

Failing that I'll have a go myself.

Any one done that who has experience on a small scale, I'd love to read how you got/are getting on. Its getting the raw fuels that I may have probs with. Most chippes in this area seem to use beef fat.

Thanks

Sorry dont know of anywhere round here have you tried running on veg oil big saving over pump prices. I'm from Beeston where you from?

Comment

Morley Area really, but I work in Stourton.

I've checked out the veg oil thing and think its a great idea. I ain't no 'greenie' but it makes good enviro and eco sense. Shame its frowned on by customs and excise. Thats why I was looking for a legit source.

If I could find a source of free used veg oil, I'd have a go at producing the stuff myself, that way even paying duty on the finished product would give me fuel at around 30p a litre. I know there's my time and some overheads, so the cost is a guess, but if I was anywhere near, thats 50 to 60 percent cheaper than the rising fuel costs.

There's a place far side of York selling it low scale ( 60ltrs max) at 69.9p a litre, even thats a good saving on pump price, and I guess thats giving them about a 30% profit.

The place I mentioned in Garforth will sell used stuff at 25p per litre, which if I knew I could brew the stuff, would still mean fuel at about 60p a litre. They have contacted me again today so maybe by the w/end I'll have a price. That way if I buy some and the customs stop me. I'll have a reason for smelling like a chip shop (thats the surf not me ) and a receipt to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by ni9eofse7en
        I live in the Leeds south, W Yorks area.

Does anyone know of a bio diesel supplier, who can supply tankfuls within an area local to myself.

I have tried 3 suppliers. 1 in Bradford does not respond to my emails, 1 in Yeadon does respond but does not want to give me a price, the same with one I have found in Garforth.

Failing that I'll have a go myself.

Any one done that who has experience on a small scale, I'd love to read how you got/are getting on. Its getting the raw fuels that I may have probs with. Most chippes in this area seem to use beef fat.

Thanks
        seen a place in bradford m8 is that to far for you to go?????????
        Last edited by slim; 24 November 2004, 23:44. Reason: put in wrong place
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

No, I'm kinda on the outskirts of Bradford. Tong is about 5 mins away, and Bradford city centre probably 10.

What part of Bradford/street address do you have.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ni9eofse7en
            No, I'm kinda on the outskirts of Bradford. Tong is about 5 mins away, and Bradford city centre probably 10.

What part of Bradford/street address do you have.

Cheers
            i have seen this on my travels through bradford i do not know what the name of the road is but i will try and explain to you the best i can. if i was to travel to keighley i would go on to the a650 this road then would take me past bradford 4x4 centre the road then goes in to a single carrage way and round a left bend on that bend there is a caravan sales garage on the left and opposite that is where ive seen the sign for bio diesel .

please note i have not had any personal dealings with this place so i do not know what the the cost will be......

hope this helps cheers.............
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Have you tried contacting Mcdonalds or any other food place at Birstall?. Maybe they would let you have some they have to pay for it to be disposed of so it would be saving them money too.

Comment

i have seen this on my travels through bradford i do not know what the name of the road is but i will try and explain to you the best i can. if i was to travel to keighley i would go on to the a650 this road then would take me past bradford 4x4 centre the road then goes in to a single carrage way and round a left bend on that bend there is a caravan sales garage on the left and opposite that is where ive seen the sign for bio diesel .

Sounds like canal road to me......

Nige.......
                Nige...............

Anything you can do.......i

Comment

Cheers Slim and Jack Rabbit. I'm sure it is Canal Road. I went to Bradford 4x4 looking at Landies before I'd even heard about Surfs. Glad he offered me a crap deal otherwise I'd have never found my ice blue beauty.

Thanks Leodis, never even thought about MacDoobies, worth a go even if they say no, its only up the road.

Funningly enough the guy from Garforth has contacted me today via email, but has not given a price yet.

Comment

diy bio

http://www.autoinfozone.com/vegoil.html

Comment

bio diesel

I live in Gloucestershire and my Landlord works for a company that either makes biodiesel or supplies the equipment to make your own. i have seen the kit set up and i've run a few litres to see what effect on fuel consumption there was. they remove the glutin from the oil

Comment

Originally posted by nixismush
                        ......they remove the glutin from the oil
                        Its actually glycerin that's removed, Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, oat, and rye products.
                        Maurice
                        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Maurice,

You've given me an idea, put a bread maker in the surf, then it will smell like a bakery as opposed to a chip shop.

Tis the season to be silly lalalalalalalal

Comment

I could be dragging this out a bit, but I have faxed, then emailed, my MP through the fax your MP web service, trying to push forward a removal of tax for bio fuels. I know its a lone voice, but if anyone else picks up on this service or has already faxed their MP, then who knows. Sometimes you get an MP who crusades the issue, after all there has been some silly laws laid down by this government and its predecessors.

Comment

Working...
                            X