Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen annoying light on dash!!!

Help,
    This is my second 3rd Gen surf and both had an annnoying light on the dash that is telling me that a door is open?? The light only comes on when the engine is running and goes off if you stop the engine. I have checked all the pin switch's on the doors and all are okay.
    Has anyone ever had this problem? It seems strange that my first 3rd Gen (written off, don't ask!, all I'll say is HGV's !) did exactly the same.

Can anyone shed some light ?

Cheers
    Andy

Originally posted by Andy W
    Help,
    This is my second 3rd Gen surf and both had an annnoying light on the dash that is telling me that a door is open?? The light only comes on when the engine is running and goes off if you stop the engine. I have checked all the pin switch's on the doors and all are okay.
    Has anyone ever had this problem? It seems strange that my first 3rd Gen (written off, don't ask!, all I'll say is HGV's !) did exactly the same.

Cheers
    Andy
    Don't forget to check the tailgate, and spare wheel carrier too, as both can also trigger the light.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

It will be the spare wheel carrier. Give it a good slam shut, it cured the problem on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
        Help,

Cheers
        Andy
        same thing happened to me, but whatever it is on the wheel carrier, fell off. it's supposed to press against the the button on the back door. i cut a piece of thick rubber and stuck it on. still there after six months.

Comment

Mine does it too. traced it to the the spare wheel carrier. needs a good hard slam or it does not trip the contact switch on the tailgate. Lost count of the number of times I stopped to check all the doors before I found out what it was.
          Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Cheers guys,

I'll give it the once over this evening and post the results !

Andy

Comment

Definately the spare wheel cover on the rear. Give it a good slam shut.

rgds

Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X