Flux Capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flux Capacitor

As older forum members are aware, over recent times there have been problems with the Surf's Flux Capacitor.

I am therefore pleased to inform members that after extensive research a new & updated Flux Capacitor has been sourced.

Although the replacement cost is high, the benefits will outway this cost following the installation.

For newer members i attach a self explaining info sheet :

FLUX CAPACITOR
    The latest thing for Toyota Hilux Surfs!
    The Flux Capacitor is a great low-cost back-up electronics sensor.
    The Hilux Surf Flux Capacitor senses tilt-over at apogee, and fires channel one. Independent Safety Timer on channel one insures apogee deployment. After channel one fires, a timer is started, counting in five-second increments to the delay time selected, and firing channel two.
    • Timer delay is determined by a dip switch.
    • Utilizing the Daveyfire low-current electric system for initiation.
    • The unit automatically turns itself on. No more external switches or power plugs!
    • Unit automatically powers itself down after channel two fires, conserving battery life.

1. What is the Flux Capacitor?
    It is a type of Engine / Electrical apogee detector that senses equipment magnetic fields
    When tip-over at apogee occurs, the first channel is fired. With an adjustable timer then being used for main system monitoring.

2. Does it measure Eddy Currents?
    No, only recovery functions are provided. It can be run with a peak reading meter, like the Transolve P1, with one 12V DC battery powering both!

3. Why should I use the Flux Capacitor for back-up?
    Engine / Electrical systems from any company have been known to fail for various reasons:
    A. Forgetting to turn on.
    B. Battery failure.
    C. Bad connections / match.
    D. Incorrect sonic Inhibit Delay.
    E. In proper acceleration profile (can prevent accel unit arming) especially with diesel engines.
    F. Kickdown ECU reboot
    G. ECU Computer crash at apogee due to power supply droop.
    H. Wiring problems.
    I. Venting / pressure due to inoperative AC equalization problems.
    J. Ejector charge pressure.

The Flux Capacitor has a G-switch which actually turns the power on at critical times of operation.
    A Safety Timer that is independent of the computer ensures apogee firing.

4. Why is there no power switch?
    Auto-power on circuitry is employed to eliminate the need to mount or activate a power switch. By eliminating this possible failure point, reliability is improved. After main firing, the power is automatically shut off. Auto-power on/off extends the battery life.

5. What about safety?

It is not safe to connect the outputs with the battery on. Arming will not occur due to normal handling or horizontal positioning. The G-switch is filtered at 2.1GB’s for 0.2 sec. Vigorous shaking may harm it, however. Pushing the test button, putting your fingers on the pcb traces, or static discharge can also cause arming (don't handle nylon panties around it!). You can use a DPDT slide switch to disable the outputs, if desired (use switch to OPEN circuit, not short). IF THIS SWITCH IS ADDED, YOU
    MUST REMEMBER TO ARM IT ON THE PAD!!!!!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LET UNIT SIT WITH THE POWER OFF FOR 2000 MINUTES OR MORE AFTER TESTING, OR starting. THE LONGER, THE BETTER....the capacitor must be discharged , to ensure proper operation.

6. Doesn't leaving the battery in run it down?
    No, the standby drain is only micro amps. When the power is on, about 20mA is drawn
    from the battery. Use alkaline, or fully charged NICAD.

7. What about metal parts on my Surf?
    It is best to use non-ferrous metals like brass, aluminium, and stainless steel. Screw-eyes,
    threaded rods, etc. made of steel, can distort the magnetic field lines. Steel parts mounted in the indicated "sense path" WILL CERTAINLY DISRUPT the operation.
    Tilt-testing will reveal problem areas. Remember that there are many non-metallic
    materials you can use: fibreglass, carbon-graphite, Kevlar, kapton, nylon, wood, etc.
    It is OK to use 4-40 steel screws to mount the board (use the supplied nylon spacers).

8. Is it safe above 60 MPH?
    Yes, these speeds will not affect the operation of the Flux Capacitor.

9. Is the Safety Timer hard to set?
    No. It comes set for about 10 seconds from the factory. Note that tilt testing must be done before the safety timer times out, to see the 1 sec. blink of the apogee LED, which
    indicates tilt detection. If you push the test button, and don't tilt the Surf, after 10 sec.,
    the safety timer times out, and forces the apogee output on (stays on). To set the delay,
    just lay the Surf on a incline, and push the button. Time from start to when the apogee LED activates (stays on). This delay should be approximately your time to apogee, plus 1-2 sec. For best accuracy, let the Surf stay off 2000 minutes between tests.
    Adjust the blue 20 turn pot to set the delay.

10. What about the Main Timer Dipswitch?
    This setting has nothing to do with the safety timer. The Main time delay is set in increments of ~5 sec., and starts when apogee fires. If all the switches are down, that is zero, and main will fire right after apogee. Move only the rightmost switch up for 5 sec.
    Use the chart provided to set other main delay times.

11. What if I just want to use one channel?
    There are no built-in continuity checkers...you must use a DVM. Using only one channel
    is fine...no resistors need to be connected to the unused channel. The outputs should never be short-circuited.

12 What if it breaks?
    Return to Transolve with £5,000,0000 ship back fee. If there is mechanical damage, additional charges may apply.

Units can be sourced from a old Ex member :
    Attached Files
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

so when are they going to go into production? i have been having sleepless night worring about ths problem.also any projected shipping costs yet?
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Methinks you have too much time on your hands mate.

Comment

well done mate for bringing this back to the public's awareness. my previous one has somehow gone weird, so i'll be contacting you for a replacement one as that'll be the cheaper alternative.

don't let this one-off put you off getting one folks - they're well worth it.
        Dave

Comment

The Black Bullet runs one of the first prototypes and after a few teething problems (the sub quantum particle emmitter appeared to conflict with the flux capacitor when run on channel 1, however swapping to channel 2 solved the problem and all is now harmonious).
          Jumping range is now increased to 3.45m and flying speed to mach 36. MPG runs at a fantastic 4000mpg and the service intervals have been reduced to every 15000 light years.

Put your name down for one of these - they are like gold dust to get hold of but well worth the search!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

well when i first got my surf i contumplated getting a flux cap.
            but did not think the expense was a good idea after all.
            REASON BEING i got a TERRIE and not even the surf brave enough to play her up.
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Im sure i can buy it on Ebay cheaper though...

Sure it won work but who cares....

You guys are nutz...

Comment

Hey no one told me you could get battery powered ones, the one fitted in my truck is still steam powered and I'm getting fed up with carrying all this coal around. So put me down for for one of these new ones please.
                I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by pops

Yeah but if you did have one you could keep up with the Bullet in convoys!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I stupidly attempted to fit one to my company Vauxhall Astra 1.7 dti with dire consiquences . I have blown my engine today and it looks like the end of my car . I am hopeful a new oil pump will retieve life , but it is doughtful according to local Vauxhall dealer .

So , beware, only fit the flux capacitor to Surfs and no other vehicle .
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                      Yeah but if you did have one you could keep up with the Bullet in convoys!!

got a plan and it saves on diesel too.

TOW ROPE to bullet when your not looking then when you reach MACH 1 on M3 i will flash and toot you
                      Enjoying Life after Cancer
                      Pops

Comment

Rick,
                        Sorry to hear about your company Astra.

You might try a Apogee Interseller Cooler, these i think can work retrospectively, but care must be taken in during revalorisation.

Hope that help M8
                        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I presume that this new model flux capacitor is considered a standard 'OEM' fit item, ie. no need to inform your insurers.

It should also take care of all the well known features of old, worn out and steam powered FC's...

I have just one question. Does this include the new technologies, ie. does it inlcude the "plasma flux field" technology or is it still at a current "balanced parametric instability field" technology. How does is manage plasma containment and dispersion characteristics? or are you not allowed to talk about that...

I will assume that everyone is aware of aerobic compression, where plasma containment of the magnetic moment of a charged particle spirals around a magnetic field line. I presume this is all solid state now, as in the large solid state chip in your image...?

just some thought on my part....

andyL

Comment

Don't know about the FC, but I'm still waiting for someone to miniturise a phaser cannon sufficiently so I can fit it to the Surf and get all those 60mph CLOD's off the centre lane of the M-way. Then I can use the warp drive to it's full capacity.
                            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              MARTIN are you still running on DYLITHIUM CHRYSTALS then ?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X