Finally it returns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally it returns...

Well, my surf has finally come back from the mod shop, and now sounds like a trip to a nightclub - I'll post some pics soon but it's doing really silly things:

For the last month or so it's been blowing black smoke and being really lumpy on startup (indication of blown glowplug fuse or dodgy glowplugs/bus bar) and when i accelerate i do seem to get excessive amounts of smoke blowing (timing ?)

It's a 1992 2.4 and had the head replaced when it blew on the way back from the garage i bought it at - they really weren't impressed but they sorted it for free. I took it to the mod shop this week and they tell me it started fine like a dream and now it seems to be ok every time. gooing to check to oil level but the smoke was definitely black and not blueish (thought maybe it was oil leaking into the cylinders when it had a high oil level).

HMM. gooing to also check the glow plugs (got new ones sitting here to change as a matter of course) but has anyone got any other ideas?
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

How about a set of recon injectors. Just fitted a set to mine and now even with a relatively dodgy turbo (waiting for a new one at the moment) I get no smoke on startup, acceleration, overrun or anything. Plus the motor runs better than ever before since I had it. Best £70 I ever spent.

Cheers

Comment

I had my injectors reconned and it made a big difference. Mine were worse thatn Lucky's though, I needed 4 new nozzles and 1 new body as they were soooo bad!!!

Pop round at the weekend now you know where we are and Tony will have a look if you like? (By the way - he liked the comment about the cool blue pickup!!!)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        How about a set of recon injectors. Just fitted a set to mine and now even with a relatively dodgy turbo (waiting for a new one at the moment) I get no smoke on startup, acceleration, overrun or anything. Plus the motor runs better than ever before since I had it. Best £70 I ever spent.

Cheers
        £70 where from i want some too
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Working...
        X