Sore Wrists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore Wrists

Got given an early Xmas present - Halo2 on the Xbox.

Damn game is giving me sore wrists.

Regards
    Andy ( ancl )

Good innit you played online yet?. My gamertag is leodisxxx if you want to add me to your list.

Comment

Tried to go online last night

Tried to go on Xbox live last night, didn't seem to be any games in session.

Freaky the first time I got Xbox Live and playing some Star Wars game, walking around an empty game, when someone started talking to me ...... scary !

Then getting some 14 year old american threatening me online cos I dared use the same colour lightsabre and character ....

Regards
      Andy ( ancl )

Comment

anyone here play Half Life 2, more importantly Counter Strike>???
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

hi guys do you get a phone line thingy!(or what ever its called) cable with the starter kit for xbox live or do you have to buy one. the ones that ive got have only two pins fitted.and i suspect that xbox will need more than that. cant wait to get online an kick some axx(yeah right) get me a warthog!!!!!!!!
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Getting Halo 2 for xmas, BIG hint to the misses. Also like Splinter Cell. The latest one Chaos Theory sounds good any one played it, if it's out?

Comment

Mmmm, Halo 2. Don't have X Box Live, but have played multi-player on split screen. Used to link up my mate's and have 2 team 8 player sessions on the original game, can't wait to do that with this game. Trouble is, my mate is waiting till xmas to get the game from his missus. Cheapskate!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                hi guys do you get a phone line thingy!(or what ever its called) cable with the starter kit for xbox live or do you have to buy one. the ones that ive got have only two pins fitted.and i suspect that xbox will need more than that. cant wait to get online an kick some axx(yeah right) get me a warthog!!!!!!!!
                You just get a little unit that connects the console joystick to a head-set/microphone to allow you to chat or abuse people during game-play.

No network cables.

[techy bit]
                How mine hangs together....

Using NTL Cable modem for broadband access that is connected to a Linux server in the back bedroom on one network card, another network card is connected to a wireless access point, my xbox has an ethernet bridge box connected to it using a network cross-over cable. A few changes to the xbox live configuration screen and it seems to work.
                [/techy bit]

Regards
                Andy ( ancl - gamertag )

Comment

i think you mean the broadband router? if so, there is a network connection at the back of the xbox, the neatest way is to get a wireless router, and buy a game with the xbox live package which will include a years xbox live subscription (i had project gotham racing 2, a pretty fine game too, cost about £40 for the game, headset, and subscription).
                  [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
                    i think you mean the broadband router? if so, there is a network connection at the back of the xbox, the neatest way is to get a wireless router, and buy a game with the xbox live package which will include a years xbox live subscription (i had project gotham racing 2, a pretty fine game too, cost about £40 for the game, headset, and subscription).
                    thanks guys!!! still a bit confused????? after reading some info on xbox web site on how to connect this is what i make of it...... first of all you buy a starter pack. prices at the moment seem to vary from about £39.99 to £59.99 (depending if you buy one with a game or not). then you need to figure out how you want to connect, you have three choices.
                    choice 1 - direct conection this is using a external modem inline with your xbox through to your phone socket this is supposed to be the fastest way to get started.

choice 2 -as above but adding a router inline with your external modem so that you can surf the net and be online with your x box at the same time..
                    choice 3 -internet connection sharing this is linking your xbox through your pc.

so if i was to take choice 1 i would have to buy an external modem?? can you buy a external modem with its own power source( thought these had to run through usb connection)

if i was to take choice two i would need a cable to go from my xbox to my pc. that would need to be one long cable??? or like stara says a wireless router..

why does it say on the starter pack that it contains everything that you need to go live when all they supply is the subscription for a year, xbox communicator and poss a game....

or is everything that ive written a load of rubbish(more than likely)

Comment

they assume that you have a broadband connection as xbox live needs high transmission speeds to work. i would opt for a wireless router which can by purchased relatively cheap now. prices start about £50 upwards for a wireless router (though you would need to buy an ethernet bridge ('the wireless bit' £40ish upwards )or £30 upwards for an ethernet (wired) adsl router. theres not much point in buying a freestanding modem when a router can be bought for the same-ish price.

the easiest option is to get an ethernet adsl router (you do have a broadband line?) program it with your p.c. (program your logon details) position it near the x-box, and a filtered phone line, connect a standard network cable between the router and the xbox. the router logs on automatically as soon as it is powered up and connected to the phone line. The benefit of connecting this way is you do not need to link it to the p.c. meaning no wires between xbox and p.c. , it's a fraction of the cost of a wireless router. The drawback is, only one broadband modem device can be connected at once i.e. if the xbox router is on, the p.c. has to be off (or at least disconnected from broadband) and vice versa.
                      Last edited by stara; 22 November 2004, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by stara
                        they assume that you have a broadband connection as xbox live needs high transmission speeds to work. i would opt for a wireless router which can by purchased relatively cheap now. prices start about £50 upwards for a wireless router (though you would need to buy an ethernet bridge ('the wireless bit' £40ish upwards )or £30 upwards for an ethernet (wired) adsl router. theres not much point in buying a freestanding modem when a router can be bought for the same-ish price.

the easiest option is to get an ethernet adsl router (you do have a broadband line?) program it with your p.c. (program your logon details) position it near the x-box, and a filtered phone line, connect a standard network cable between the router and the xbox. the router logs on automatically as soon as it is powered up and connected to the phone line. The benefit of connecting this way is you do not need to link it to the p.c. meaning no wires between xbox and p.c. , it's a fraction of the cost of a wireless router. The drawback is, only one broadband modem device can be connected at once i.e. if the xbox router is on, the p.c. has to be off (or at least disconnected from broadband) and vice versa.
                        thanks for the reply m8..i do have a broadband connection and the router looks the way forward.. just one last question.... once i program the router with my pc and then position the router near the x box how does the router power up cause i thought that they needed a usb supply for poweror is that not the case.....cheers.............

Comment

No you can buy routers that are powered from usb but most have their own power supply. Another game I would recommend (if you can still find it) is Ghost recon its still one of the best tactical shooting games and recon 2 is due out any day.

Comment

indeed ghost recon is a classic..

Rainbow six rocks also.. if you like CQB style war that is...

At the moment though need for speed 2 underground is great online, getting beaten in a drag race by a 12 year old in a skyline aint much fun though...

Pesky kids..

Comment

thanks for the reply m8..i do have a broadband connection and the router looks the way forward.. just one last question.... once i program the router with my pc and then position the router near the x box how does the router power up cause i thought that they needed a usb supply for poweror is that not the case.....cheers.............
                              most adsl MODEMS are usb, but most ROUTERS are powered, the difference between the two is a modem is only to connect to your service provider using a single machine whereas a router not only connects independently of any attached equipment (i.e. does not need a pc to connect) it can be used to give access to the net for multiple p.c.'s, game systems etc similtaneously, and can be used as a network hub.

i have a 'efficient networks' ethernet adsl router (4 network connections), one for my p.c., one for my xbox, and one for my sons xbox, (plus a spare). So link play is possible using standard network wiring via the router, it's a nuisance buying two copies of the games though (i don't want to go down the 'chip' road just yet, we only really play halo and now halo2 via systemlink anyway)

Comment

Working...
                              X