Sat nav advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat nav advice

Hi all you knowledgable souls. I am looking to add a Sat Nav to my Christmas list and I am told I can go up to around £350. (Well actually its a Christmas present for the Surf) So my question is what is the best spec and buy for that sort of money. Ideally I would like to be able to use it in France also. I have had a look on Ebay but it is so confusing as everyone says there's is the best.
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Hi,

I have the Medion MDPNA100 from Halfrauds (£400) and that includes maps for all of Europe , I cannot fault it.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

toys, toys, toys...

Me, I'd go for (read I have a) 'Tungsten T3 PDA' with 'Tomtom navigator' as a SAT Nav add on. You can downlowd extra maps to the detailed UK - although it comes with Major roads in Europe anyway. You can also download Gatso camera positiona, so that it acts as a camera warning as well. 3 Toys PDA, SAT NAV and Gasto warning!
      You should be able to source a T3 for ~£150 to £200, the TomTom Navigator for ~£170.

Enjoy your xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Hi,

I have the Medion MDPNA100 from Halfrauds (£400) and that includes maps for all of Europe , I cannot fault it.

Trev
        Now £299 also available at PC WORLD ive had mine nearly a month after seeing the one POPS has got, VERY GOOD. Also see this Link for more info.
        http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/medion-review.php
        Last edited by marky; 20 November 2004, 21:38.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

have a look at garmin if you want hand held gps the even do a phone with gps now for £350, i have an e-map and its great. it all depens on what you want . if you want turn by turn then the tomtom is a good price compaired to much of the other systems or if you just want to knoe where you are the garmin range have some good cheap stuff thats very portable
          so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Working...
          X