Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

What anti freeze do you guys reccomend (spelling ) for the engine on the surfs? Have a 2nd gen 2.4. Have heard that the choice is critical for obvious reasons. Any help appreciated.

Cant wait for the snow to arrive!!!!!!!
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by qube3
    What anti freeze do you guys reccomend (spelling ) for the engine on the surfs? Have a 2nd gen 2.4. Have heard that the choice is critical for obvious reasons. Any help appreciated.

Cant wait for the snow to arrive!!!!!!!
    Whatever you use, don't mix gycol and methanol based antifreezes.

I use Halfords advanced summer and winter coolant. Before this I used bluecol and added DEI radiator relief (available from www.frosts.co.uk). Some people use comma, any of these is good as is Toyota's own coolant. Personally I would use the best that you can afford as long as it is ethylene glycol based.

Cheers

Comment

Cheers lucky, and this should be ok to mix with the current anti freeze? dont know what it is, as the vehicle not long imported, im the first owner since.
      [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
      [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Yeah - just make sure you don't mix red and blue...else they will congeal and cause all sorts of probs!!

Comment

Originally posted by qube3
          Cheers lucky, and this should be ok to mix with the current anti freeze? dont know what it is, as the vehicle not long imported, im the first owner since.
          To be honest if you are the first owner, drain and flush the system and fill will the antifreeze of your choice. The Japanese stuff often has additives in it that don't work so well over here - not sure why.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X