X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie insurance question

Hi
    This is my 1st post.
    I have just brought a 1997 surf,picking it up next week.
    Can anyone give me a few insurance companys to try.
    I also have a wrx scooby which is insured through co-op however they wont quote on the surf,oops.
    I am wanting to get this sorted asap,so a quick responce would be realy appreciated.

Thanks
    Martyn

Originally posted by chappers
    Hi
    This is my 1st post.
    I have just brought a 1997 surf,picking it up next week.
    Can anyone give me a few insurance companys to try.
    I also have a wrx scooby which is insured through co-op however they wont quote on the surf,oops.
    I am wanting to get this sorted asap,so a quick responce would be realy appreciated.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Welcome Martyn.

Give these a go www.lifesure.co.uk and if you give this forum/website a mention, you may get a discount. I'm insured with them and have found them to be the best for me. They visit this site/forum regularly and know what we are about.

Good luck.

Comment

Im a newbie surf owner too..

Rang around plenty after high quote by current insurers..

Liverpool victoria £423 fully comp..

was cheapest by far..

And ive had 2 write off's... (dont ask)

Comment

Thanks guys,i will try them both,Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by chappers
          Thanks guys,i will try them both,Nice one
          Tesco were the only company to quote me as Im under 21, try them.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I went with Prestige who were the cheapest at £500 (Tesco quoted £1575!). That's with a 3-claim history and 9 points (ouch!)

Have a look here - loads of companies listed:
            Insurance thread

Comment

I am with Tesco, mine was £370 with two named drivers (my wife and dad) fully comp. i was already with them and just paid £65 to upgrade from the Vauxhall Astra I had.

Comment

insurance

hi there i also have a scooby which is insured with direct line but rang around for a quote for the surf and found A-PLAN gave me the best one.

Comment

Right insurance sorted.Myself and my bussiness partner new policy,no no claims bonus.£627 fully comp.We both have other cars.
                  Thank you for all advise.
                  I know very very little about the toyota hi lux surf,We brought this as we do alot of fishing.The reason i opted for a toyota was purely because i have an import impreza and my bussiness partner has an imported galant vr4 ralliart,both of which have been superb cars.If im honest i have know idea what im leting myself in for,i dont know how reliable they,etc etc etc.
                  The surf we have purchased is a p reg 97 3.0ltr.silver.41,000miles.Havi ng full service before we pick it up.
                  Is there anything i should worry about?
                  How do they perform?
                  What rough MPG should i expect?
                  Loads more questions but i will not boar you all with stuff you have been asked a thousand times.

Thanks all

Comment

[QUOTE=chappers]Right insurance sorted.Myself and my bussiness partner new policy,no no claims bonus.£627 fully comp.We both have other cars.
                    Thank you for all advise.
                    I know very very little about the toyota hi lux surf,We brought this as we do alot of fishing.The reason i opted for a toyota was purely because i have an import impreza and my bussiness partner has an imported galant vr4 ralliart,both of which have been superb cars.If im honest i have know idea what im leting myself in for,i dont know how reliable they,etc etc etc.
                    The surf we have purchased is a p reg 97 3.0ltr.silver.41,000miles.Havi ng full service before we pick it up.
                    Is there anything i should worry about?
                    How do they perform?
                    What rough MPG should i expect?
                    Loads more questions but i will not boar you all with stuff you have been asked a thousand times.

Thanks all[/QUOT

hi mate and welcome. like yourself i was very nervous in buying a surf asked all the questions and got all the info that i required but looking back dont know why i was so nervous because any car can and will breakdown or fault at some level the main thing is that you get surfing and enjoy the ride........dont think mpg will be any diffrent from your scooby.......
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

So who did you go with in the end?

Comment

Can anyone help me, my hilux surf ssrx was stolen.

i am insured through TESCO which was the cheapest i could find fully comp.

the vehicle had done 110,000 k m (NOT MILES)
                        It was in mint condition ( when i took it for its MOT The garage owner wanted to buy it for himself)
                        2.4 td Automatic on a H reg im the only UK owner vehicle imported from japan a 130 model
                        MY Question Is HOW MUCH SHOULD I ACCEPT FROM THE INSURERS. Or get them to pay??

The vehicle was found over 200 miles away burnt out Completely.

Comment

I went with lifesure.
                          Liverpool victoria didnt even list the model i wanted to insure.
                          Now got to get cat 1 imob and alarm fitted

Comment

Originally posted by smartie
                            Can anyone help me, my hilux surf ssrx was stolen.

i am insured through TESCO which was the cheapest i could find fully comp.

the vehicle had done 110,000 k m (NOT MILES)
                            It was in mint condition ( when i took it for its MOT The garage owner wanted to buy it for himself)
                            2.4 td Automatic on a H reg im the only UK owner vehicle imported from japan a 130 model
                            MY Question Is HOW MUCH SHOULD I ACCEPT FROM THE INSURERS. Or get them to pay??

The vehicle was found over 200 miles away burnt out Completely.
                            Hi and welcome , but on a sad note it would seem .
                            Many questions need to be asked by the assessor/engineer like how long you have had the vehicle , purchase receipt , MOT (as you have indicated) , any photos of vehicle prior to theft , etc . As a 'grey import' he will use CAPS grey book for value . This has 4 choices of value from high to low . Or he may just look in Autotrader if he is looking for a local value .
                            So you need to have your information to hand and be sensible , prove your vehicle is worth what you want for it .
                            Basically that is it .
                            Let us know the outcome .
                            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I got £400 fully comp with protected NC from Privilege. This include my wife who has only been driving for 2 years. Actually less than I was paying for an Alfa 145TS Cloverleaf.

Gas mileage? Pretty awful, but what do you expect for something with the aerodynamic properties of a parachute which weighs more than the average imploded star? Who cares? Driving it has caused my heart rate to drop by about 30bpm from driving the Alfa, and my licence will probably not spontaneously combust!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X