2019 member stickers + database upgrade to make site faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 member stickers + database upgrade to make site faster

Pictured is the new 2019 member sticker which was ordered today.

All premium members who are paying a yearly subscription will get one around the time of their annual subscription renewal date.

I’m also moving the website over to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and moving the database. The website runs on some software called vBulletin (not my choice, I’ve inherited it) and due to the large size of the database it can be very slow sometimes and rapidly fast at other times. So I’m moving it to a newer platform and doing some maintenance on the database over the next month to speed things up.

I hope you like the improvements and look forward to sending you your membership stickers

Thanks for your continued support

If you're not already a premium member, sign up here to support the forum and running costs:-
    https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/premium-membership

Rob
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Just to confirm the website is now running off the new server with Amazon Web Services.

It actually now runs off two servers; one for the database and one for the website.

The database platform is much quicker so hopefully it should speed things up. But if not I'll keep working on the speed to make sure it is rapid.
    Thanks

Comment

Stickers have now arrived so I'll get posted in next couple of weeks!
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X