Toyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyo

I am getting near to replacing my tyres and have benign having a mooch round the web

And after looking at all the recommendations on the site, has anybody tried Toyo Open Country

4 Runner
    Attached Files

I'd be interested in hearing if these are any good, as i'm thinking of getting a set this week (?). On the Toyo website there are 'open country' and 'tranpath' listed. Both have tread patterns that look good for road use, which is what my priority is. I've been quoted £93 fitted, but don't know for which type. Any feedback ?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotommy
      I'd be interested in hearing if these are any good, as i'm thinking of getting a set this week (?). On the Toyo website there are 'open country' and 'tranpath' listed. Both have tread patterns that look good for road use, which is what my priority is. I've been quoted £93 fitted, but don't know for which type. Any feedback ?

I am new to Surf life, bought mine 2 weeks ago and it had 4 new Toyo Tranpath's fitted. I have only used them for road use but think they give a nice ride with plenty of grip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jagr
        I am new to Surf life, bought mine 2 weeks ago and it had 4 new Toyo Tranpath's fitted. I have only used them for road use but think they give a nice ride with plenty of grip.
        I totally agree. My truck had Toyo Tranpaths fitted when I bought it, and although they were worn, they coped very well with the two inches of snow we had here last febuary.
        Vince.

Comment

Ta for the feedback, i think that i'll try these Toyos out. I have Kumhos on at the moment. They seem OK, but are not that great in the wet at least when compared to some Michelins i had on a 1st gen. This may not be a fair comparison, tho...

Comment

Open Country

I have ordered a set of Toyo Open Country today £95 each fitted, get them fitted on Wednesday

Will keep you informed on how they handle

4 Runner
            Attached Files

Comment

Toyo Tranpath

I've found a site called mytyres.co.uk that are quoting £72.10 per tyre delivered for 265/70/R16 112S. they've also got links to Tyre Fitters that you search by postcode and typically charge £8.00 a corner for fitting including valves and balancing..Anyone tried these people, they look very good value!

Got the tyres today, delivered 2 days ahead of schedule, very prompt service considering they came all the way from Hanover in Germany!! Dispatched on Monday, received on Tuesday...That's faster than Kwik Fit source tyres from their local depots and saved me £25+ per corner, these guys are very slick operators (no tyre pun intended). So in essence I got 5 tyres for the price of 4!!!
              Last edited by hailthegreatman; 26 October 2004, 20:26. Reason: Got The Toyo's Today!

Comment

Working...
              X